Chapter 34: All I Ever Asked For

The scuffles of the people on the street made the day more busier as the villagers and tourists enjoys the ongoing festival. The children dressed in their own yukata's as they play with each other, amused with the entertainers on the street and the varieties of snacks and treats displayed by different vendors.

"Look Kyou-kun! They also sell sweet potatoes"

Hikaru pointed out the stall that sells the sweet root crop. Both Kyojuro and Hikaru inching closer to have some as they explore the festival's wonders together in their day off from their duty.

Kagaya had given them a day off for a breather and to condition themselves for the upcoming things but they are still advised to be prepared at all times.

The girl dressed in her midnight blue yukata, courtesy of the blonde jovial man, the very same expensive clothing that he was eyeing the other day which Hikaru wanted to refuse at first but Kyojuro insisted that he would really love to see the girl dressed in kimono so she shyly accepted. Kyojuro is also dressed in his own traditional red yukata with black linings.

"Umai! Umai!"

"Please be careful its hot"

Kyojuro was happily savouring his sweet potatoes as the girl reminds him to slow down and to atleast let it cool first. She sweatdropped at how bright he looked upon the sight of the food but deep inside, her heart is skipping a beat of how cute the man looked.

'Kyojuro-kun really likes sweet potatoes'

She remembered that one time when Kyojuro ate a full pot of sweet potatoes and learned that its his favorite so she made sure to remember it when she brings food or makes snacks whenever she visits the Rengoku estate. She really liked it when Kyojuro smiles even with the simplest things.

"Hold my hand?"

Kyojuro offered his hand and Hikaru accepted without hesitation with a smile. His large hand engulfing her small ones, their hands entwined with each other as they walked through the colorful street.

In his eyes, he has seen the most beautiful girl he had ever met and she is currently  walking beside him, hand in hand with her angelic smile plastered on her pretty face. The gentle breeze slowly kissing their faces, a light blush painted on her pale cheeks that makes her look so adorable.

Hikaru is undeniably gorgeous without any efforts. Kyojuro wasn't one to care about appearances, rather he looks for personality and Hikaru's kindness and gentle persona had captured his heart. Her beauty is just something that's natural within her and he loves it too.

Although........

"She's so pretty"

"Look at the lady in the midnight blue kimono, beautiful ain't she"

"Cute"

Of course it wasn't only Kyojuro who is captivated by her. Some of the people even stops on their tracks only to take a glance at the girl. Boys and girls are eyeing the clueless icy haired girl who is currently looking far ahead with an unexplainable expression but not of a frown, more of amusement of some sort, completely unaware of the attention she had gathered.

"Kyou-kun where do you want to----"

"Hikaru-san good evening!"

A sudden cheerful voice interrupted her and the couple went to face whoever was greeting her and the girl 'ohh'd' in recognition.

"Ah R- Rengoku-san good evening too!"

"Greetings Rengoku-san and Hikaru-san"

There are two demon slayers, recognizable in their own uniform. One has a silky black hair and the other is a brunette in an unruly manner. Both bowing in respect for the two. Although Hikaru is not a Hashira, all members of the demon corps acknowledges her strength and treats her as one.