Chapter 28: Her Side Of The Story Pt. 2

She can't delay any longer. She's losing blood fast and her consciousness is slipping. She can't die. Not when she finally had someone special in her life. She promised Kyojuro she would be fine and return to him safely.

'I'm sorry Oyakata-sama....it seems that I failed this mission'

It had only been a week and she had finally found Muzan but she hadn't learned any information of his hiding place. She can't help but to think of this mission as a failure. She might die fighting the Upper Moon 3 and even if she ever beat Akaza, Muzan will kill just kill her in the end. She had to think.

She atleast have to try and retreat first. It may seem impossible but she chose to cling on the very little chance she got.

...

'You know I would give everything just for all demons to disappear'

Reiko blurted out randomly. Hikaru just looked at her.

'A lot of people have suffered and their loved ones  from the hands of a demon that it makes me angry that even when we do our best to help, we can't save all'

This made Hikaru wonder. Its true that they can't save all even if they wanted to. Demons are sly creatures and they can only be stopped when their progenitor is killed. The death of Kibutsuji Muzan is what every demon hunter wished for. To end the terror they brought towards humanity.

'Everything huh?'

She looked at the villagers doing their own work. Some are plowing the fields, there others doing carpentry work, the street vendors busily tending to their costumers and the children playing on the streets. All of them were doing their own stuff but she noticed something.

The smile on their faces undeniable and Hikaru liked seing their faces filled with joy rather than fear. That's why the demon hunters are doing all they can to help and protect the civilians.

...

She took a stance when she managed to distance herself against Akaza. She concentrated and evened her breathing. Letting her blood flow rapidly and her heart rate go up. Her lungs expanding its capacity and her blood getting all excited. Cold air was released as she exhaled through her mouth, her eyes were closed for better concentration. She cannot use this technique that frequently and wanted to avoid using it entirely  because of the consequences after but she had no choice. This was her very first time using this and as much as her Master who strongly warned to never use this forbidden technique, she's ready.

Tightening the grip on the hilt of her blade, she looked at both demon standing a few meters away from her. Akaza felt chills on his spine and Muzan was also alerted. The surrounding's temperature dropping a few degrees.

"Ice Breathing: Sixth Form, Dance of the Winter Night"

It wasn't a flashy move. Instead it is a swift attack. The fastest of all her techniques that it made her look like she was teleporting in a matter of milliseconds. Passing silently by Akaza that he hadn't even noticed and heading straight to Muzan.

She made a choice. A choice that may free all of them from the terrors of demons. She wanted to just escape but she can't miss this chance. They probably will never have this chance again so she can't waste it. Only she could do it right now. It wasn't bad after all. She get to experience new things and she had made friends and she even have someone special to her. One that she could give all her love.

'I'm sorry Kyojuro-kun, this is all I can do right now. I might die because of this but I have no regrets'

It may seem impossible but her choice is made.