Chapter 25: Infinity Train Pt. 2

Most of the passengers had fallen asleep. Even the demon slayers were in a deep slumber. Peace and silence lingered the train.

But someone just had to ruin the serene moment on the train. A sinister vibe emanating through a certain someone.

"Being able to die while dreaming is a blessing"

An unknown individual chuckled to himself while standing on top of the moving train. His eyes held malicious intent as he admired how his plan was held into motion smoothly.

"It doesn't matter how strong demon hunters are. The driving force of human being is the heart, the soul. By destroying the core of the spirit, they'll only be living corpses and it will be easy to kill them"

He again laughed. Thoughts of Kibutsuji Muzan rewarding him with his blood and getting more powerful excited him. Muzan had disbanded the lower moons as he was extremely disappointed of how Rui, a lower moon was killed easily by the demon hunters. Seeing that he had no need of the lower moons, Muzan killed them all. But he was smart enough to talk his way out.

The only lower moon left, Enmu. He was lucky enough to be granted of such power by Muzan himself in order to kill a certain demon slayer which the sophisticated demon had learned to held a great disdain towards the boy with the hanafuda earrings which greatly reminds Muzan of a certain incident years way back that he cannot forget no matter what. The same hanafuda earrings worn by a swordsman who nearly succeeded in finishing him that made his body shudder in fear.

"Have a nice sleep~
Forget how to breath~
So the demons will reap~
Your bellies from underneath~"

...

Kyojuro was currently sitting in his father's quarters. His father lying on his side with his back facing his son. Silence had engulfed the whole room, Kyojuro still kneeling towards his father with a tint of happiness etched on his face.

He had finally become the Flame Pillar. With Shinjuro who lost all his desire and passion as a demon slayer, Kyojuro hoped that maybe taking the place as the next Flame Pillar would ignite his spirit and go back to what he once was. But he was wrong.

His father instead let out discouraging words towards his great achievement but Kyojuro is strong willed. He knew deep that his father is just broken  to utter such words.

"Was father happy about it? Maybe if I become a pillar, father will acknowledge me too"

He was greeted by his little brother who held a smile towards him. Kyojuro's heart ache for his brother. Remembering the times that he had to leave his little brother alone because of his missions. Senjuro who had barely any memories of their own mother who died of illness when he was still little.

"I'll be honest, Father is not happy for me. He said it was pointless"

Kyojuro said and kneeled to level with his little brother. He held a hand on his shoulder for comfort and smiled.

"However, your older brother will not lose his enthusiasm because of this! The flame in my heart never goes out!"

Kyojuro cheered and held Senjuro's hand.

"And you're different from me Senjuro! You have an older brother and he believes in his younger brother! No matter what path you take, you'll be a wonderful person!"

This made his Senjuro tear up with joy. He was never gonna believe that he can be as great as his older brother. He was weak. He can't even make his Nichirin blade change its colour and he lacks the strength. And yet, Kyojuro was never disappointed in him. His elder brother had always supported him even when he was loosing his passion in becoming a swordsman because he knew he couldn't do it. Kyojuro always believed in him and will always be his pillar for support. He hugged his older brother with tears now streaming down his cute face.