Chapter 27: Her Side Of The Story

The wind blew silently, gently rustling the leaves of the trees. The bamboo trees bowing towards the wind's direction. The faint sound of the cascading watterfalls from a kilometer from where she's currently sitting. Hikaru gently unwrapped her onigiri. Eyeing the triangular shaped rice before finally taking a bite. Her kasugai crow propped on her head before flying down to her shoulder. She took her last bite and brought out a pouch with nuts. Offering a few to her crow, Kio who gladly pecked the treat.

It has been a week and she hadn't found anything yet. No leads about strange incidents and suspiciously, she hadn't encountered any demon yet. She thought of searching every city and villages but when she had felt something strange, it led her to the forest she's currently at. And now, she's probably pretty deep into the forest but the presence had disappeared. She tried to search everywhere but to no avail, she couldn't find any. Not even a trace of something strange and now she's cutrently taking a break. It is already evening and she decided to hand over her report.

"Mr Crow please take this to Oyakata-sama, thank you"

Kio wanted to peck her but he decided not to. He was used to it anyways. She will always calls him 'Mr Crow' even if he protested strongly. The letter tied to his talon and flew away.

"And its time for patrol I guess"

She walked quietly. Concentrating for any threats and ready to strike whenever. She decided to head to the waterfall when she could hear the faint sounds of flowing water when the unknown presence earlier had caught her attention. It was no doubt a demon. A strong one.

'Such heavy pressure'

She stayed alert and went to a defensive stance. It's not just any demon. She was sure it felt strongly similar to what she had felt back in Asakusa City. She could never forget such pressuring vibe that it made her want to vomit from the strong presence of death. Is it Muzan?

She lucky she had found him in such a short amount of time and at the same time unfortunate for she can get killed at any moment. Kio had left and it will probably take hours before her crow would return as the headquarters are pretty far away from where she's at. She contemplated whether to confront this demon or to retreat but her desire to finish the mission right away is strong. After all, she and Kyojuro made a plan to have their first date when she returned from her mission. She may not be a romantic person, she's still a girl and she loves spending time with Kyojuro.

She heaved a soft sigh. Clutching her blade's hilt tightly, she decided to confront the demon. She only needs to confirm that it really is Kibutsuji Muzan and get some information to where he's hiding and she will retreat. That's supposed to be it.

But she hadn't expected to encounter another strong demon.

...

"I'm surprised you found me here demon slayer brat"

The plum red-eyed demon stated with distaste. How could a mere demon slayer, not even a hashira had found him? And more so, to be able to follow him here deep in the woods?

"Kibutsuji Muzan"

Hikaru mindlessly asked which made Muzan gave her a deadly glare. A tingling sensation washed throughout her body with his blood red eyes directed towards her. She clutched her head when she felt her head suddenly aching painfully before fading away in a minute. This confused her. Her breath staggered.

The demon slayers are getting more and more annoying for every generation passed. Muzan wished for their annihilation because they always get in his way that he hated it. The Ubuyashiki clan irritates him greatly. He was is sure that they know the location of the Blue Spider Lily but it was hard to invade their territory because of the Pillars protecting the Oyakata-sama and the annoying demon slayers. He will surely kill them all and he will do so with the icy-blue haired girl infront of him.