Chapter 116

Olly's POV

"I have my reasons, I swear," I defended myself as I got 'whisper scolded' by Nicole.

"You have no right to just barge in my room while I sleep and do that!" Her finger pushes me and she has that crinkle going down her forehead with her icy glare.

Yep, she's really not having it.

"Well, if it makes you feel any better, that night where I had to babysit your drunk ass, I told you I cared about you. I don't want to see you drink yourself away like that. Let alone think of the possibilities of you doing that to yourself... jeez," I sigh frustratedly and I see Nicole at a loss of words.

It's hard to tell if her face is red to keep from killing me or if she's blushing.

"I- I remember, vaguely," she somewhat stutters and dials it back a little.

"Yeah, if you really think about it, you're mad because I care about your well being," I shined the light and she looked even more embarrassed.

"I'm sorry... you were always concerned about my well being. It's just- you go about it in such a weird way! One second the intentions are plain as black and white. And then the next it's fucking tye dye for Christ sake," she vents.

I laughed a little and she giggles as well.

"See, now you're understanding," i nudged her shoulder a bit and she blushes taking a lock of hair behind her ear.

"You're really just an odd ball," she shares a small smile.

"Always have and always will," i saluted and she shakes her head with the same smile.

"Merry Christmas, Olly. Thank you for- being concerned about me," she holds her hand out to me and I instantly froze...

A handshake? A truce?

I just kept staring at it like I have no fucking clue on what the hell she's doing.

"It's a handshake you weirdo, give me your hand and shake it," she sighs.

"Yeah, no shit. But what's it for," I squint my eyes at her playfully.

"To new beginnings I hope," she shrugs.

I contemplate for a bit. I'm not sure why I hesitated, but I gently but firmly shook her hand with a pleasing smile.

"A handshake like that can get you a job," she jokes- I think it was a joke.

"Half assed jokes like that can get you a live comedy sell out," I roll my eyes and she shoves me playfully.

"Asshole," she sighs happily.

"Glad the feeling's mutual ass wipe," and we both busted laughing.

"I'll let you go back to your friends now," she softly spoke and scooted inward to give me space to walk out the bus seat and I make my way down the isle to sit with Mariana.

I couldn't but take note in how familiar it felt to feel that atmosphere with Nicole again. It was warm and nice for the most part. It was genuine.

"Hey did you get in trouble?" She kisses my cheek and I squeezed her hand.

"Not at all. We just talked about how I'm an asshole and how she's an asswipe," I laughed to myself and Mariana's eyes went big.

"That's code for you two are finally getting along right?" Her eyes glimmered and pecked her nose.

"Absolutely."

A/N: I bet y'all thought Olly and Nicole weren't going to have special moments anymore now that Olly's made herself comfortable in being with Marianna.

Lol.

Can't wait for New Years dear lord.