Chapter 91

Nicole's POV

"So how's the divorce taking in?" My younger sister starts in our parent's living room.

"Smooth," I kept it short and sweet.

"Rent tells me otherwise," she smiles innocently and sips on a glass of wine.

Ugh I wouldn't be surprised if Mariana is her kid. She honestly gets on my nerves. Ever since she walked in the house, I wish she'd leave.

"Me and Kent just found a house, I think I'll be a dog mom before talking about parenting though," she tries to make conversation.

I could care less about your life.

"I think that's a wise thing to do," my mom calls from the kitchen as she makes her infamous beef stew. We don't really have a thing for turkey in this household. We like to keep it simple.

Our dad comes in from the back door with more firewood for the fire. Honestly, a cozy home like this isn't such a bad idea...

I sighed and decided to go on my phone..

The dress itches

The dress itches... I'm serious

I let out a small chuckle as I read her caption. Her humor still puts a smile on my face, but it quickly tugs at my heart that we're in such an awkward position because of my outburst and now I have build back what I lost.

I deserve to be put to work.. I was such an ass.

"I didn't know you were into women, she's definitely a keeper," my sister nudged me and I shove her off.

"It is 2020 I suppose. The world is never the same as it was yesterday," my mom shrugs helplessly with a frail smile.

"I wish you'd stop breathing Payton," I mumbled under my breath at her.

"Nicole... she's a hottie. Come on, go get her,"pushes.

"I had her..." I sighed annoyed.

"What did you do?!" Her eyes damn well popped out her head.

"What makes you think I was the problem?" I retorted with a cocked brow.

"Well, describe her to me. How did she treat you?" She crossed her arms with a smirk. I honestly don't see how she'll make the a connection. I'll take the bait.

"She's notoriously a troublemaker, really good with cars- and sex. Practically Ivy League smart. She's tender loving. She has morals where she defends those who are not able to defend themselves..." I confessed.

"Being a knight in shining armor that's- oh? Good with cars? Honestly, she's a keeper. What's so notorious about her," even Payton sounds intrigued by Olly and she's fucking married.

"Remember that police incident with Michel's car?" I whispered and her mouth dropped.

"She's the one that blew his car up?" She leaned in to me. "Why does this woman suddenly sound hotter by the second? Nicole, the hell did you do?" She nearly shook me up left and right.

"An incident occurred at my workplace.. I thought she had something to do with it, but I was terribly wrong. She has a new girlfriend now," I groaned.

"I'm not surprised, have you seen her? And she's an overall package. Not just with looks," Payton continues to get under my skin.

"I just want to get her back," I shrugged.

"Well to get a girl like that back, you first have to get back at her. Make her feel guilty that she moved on so quickly by getting with someone else," my younger sister smirked. Tempting... Olly does seem to take action based on how strong her emotions are.

"But I'm pretty sure she moved on so quickly to get back at me for assuming she's such a horrible person," I shook my head.

"Let the games begin," she rubbed her hands together.

"The stew is ready!" Our mother called.