chapter 189

Olly's POV

I groaned as I found myself in a white room and beeping.. I felt like shit and I saw the nurse leave the room and she came back with the doctor.

"Where's my best friend?" My thoughts picked up where I last left off.

I was going back to the car wreck to get Matt.

"What about my dog? Jiggy? Golden retriever?" I winced in pain as my voice cracked and judging by the exchange of looks the two gave eachother this wasn't good.

If Matt's in a coma, I'm perfectly fine with that. I will visit him everyday to the day he wakes up and jiggy will be a house dog from n-

"I'm sorry for your losses-

"What?!" I yelled with tears streaming down my face in disbelief. It was like this tight knot in my stomach and I'd just been gutted like a fish.. I'm struggling to breathe. I'm not even making direct eye contact anymore I'm just staring at their faces.

"I'm assuming your friend is Matt Donavan.. he died from the trajectory of the second explosion with a cracked skull. The first explosion was from a gas leak, the second was from an illegally installed nitro tank in the front engine.. luckily the drivers seat and your dog shielded the impact on you and you're only suffering from cracked bones, hardly anything major.. your dog pulled you out from the wreckage, but was severely damaged from cuts and third degree burns.. he didn't make it on the way back.. I'm sorry," everything practically flew over my head as the doctor spoke.

All I could do was just sit there with tears streaming down my face..

Matt got out and tried to come back for me.. and jiggy shielded me because I shielded him from the crash. There wouldn't be a crash tonight if I had just spoken up and not go along with the idea of joy riding with drag racing.. we'd still be here- hell, if I didn't go back, I'd still have my best friends. They'd still be-

"Olly!" A pair of chocolate brown eyes met mine and rushed towards me in tears as she cupped my face and kissed me.

For once, I felt like I was in reality.. this is just a really bad nightmare.

"Olly, I'm here. Everything is gonna be okay," she looked me in the eyes and I broke down sobbing into her neck and she held me as she kissed my head.

I believed her.

I believed that everything was going to be okay.

I felt her grip loosened and her stance stiff so I looked up and as if I didn't already feel like shit, I see my dad, Cindy and Mariana standing before us in tears and shocked.

Nicole slowly walked over to close the door and the blinds and came back to me..

"I-I can explain..." I rested my hands into my lap and my dad approached me.

"You think I care about this? I almost lost you!" My dad wrapped his arms around me as gently as he possibly could and I was stunned by his reaction. I started crying.

"You're not even a little upset about this?" I sniffled and he was laughing as he cried.

"I had my suspicions when I saw you wearing her T-shirt when she got kicked out- Olly I don't give a damn after tonight," he ruffled my hair making me giggle.

"Plus, she explained it to me while we were in the waiting room on how she might've ended up on your emergency contacts list.. you put your old man through a lot tonight- just no more okay?" He chuckled and kissed the top of my head and went to go sit in a seat.

I looked up to see Nicole softly smile at me and her tears dropped on my shoulders as she stood next to me. A giggle slipped out from her lips and she bent down to kiss me again and I savored it when she pulled away.