Chapter 38

Olly's POV

Normally, I hate Mondays because they're boring, but this is no where near it.

There were about 5 police officers in Nicole's office, my dad on one side of the room and handcuffs on the back of me.

"Ms. Marshall, we're gonna ask you one last time, please choose your words wisely. Did you break Michael Water's knee and permanently damage his knee cap?" One of the officers asked me.

"I did it in self defense, that's all I have to say," I simply stated and all officers gave eachother a look... more like 'the' look.

"Officer, what she says is true. It was in self defense," Nicole aided me.

"But weren't you also involved in this case? I'm sorry ma'am, we need a witness. And discovering a recent divorce makes it seem biased," another officer spoke up.

Nicole threw aside her glasses and my dad shook his head with tears in his eye.

I really did it this time, "book her," they lifted me up.

Just as they scooped me up from the chair, the door swings open, "I'm a witness! I was there!" I hear a familiar voice yell and I regained hope.

"Name?" An officer asked.

"Matt donavan, 19 years old, and I'm on the varsity cheerleader team. I was there last night, i even recorded the WHOLE thing!" He exclaimed trying to reason.

My heart dropped and I became cold. Matt, I swear to God it better not be the WHOLE thing.

"I heard a loud screech and it sounded like a car but there was no crash. I'm a neighbor so I grabbed my skateboard and went to go check it out to make sure it no one got hurt. We're a good community, we always look out for one another," he averted his eyes to me giving me a certain look.

"I'm not sure if you can hear Olly's response but Michael was the one initiating everything. You can even hear him yell. He's the one who trespassed. It may not look like self defense but that's because Olly warned him not to take another step further. He said he was going to count to three for her to let him pass her property, but he wasn't welcomed, or else he was going to beat her up. Olly defended herself. Look," he shoved his phone into the officers hands and all the policemen gathered around to watch the 'whole' thing.

Down to the part where I left and came back with the bat, "I dare you lay a hand on another woman," I hear myself say in the footage and it cuts off from there.

The officers huddle together and they all turned and face me and everyone else in the room. It was complete silence and I continuously held my breath as to what the have to say.

A female officer walks to the back of me and I instantly feel the tightness of the cuffs fall to the back of my feet.

I couldn't help but fall to my knees and cover my face in relief.

"Just next time, call 911 and try to keep him there for us to get," all the officers exited the office and gave me a pat on the back.

Matt rested his hand on my shoulder and helped me up.

"I so owe you one," I cried and shook his hand and pulled him into a hug.

"Actually, we're even. I got scouted!" He exclaimed.

My dad butted in and hugged us both, "do you two ever stop sending me on a roller coaster. Matt you might as well be my son," he laughed with tears in his eyes.

We quickly regain ourselves and look at Nicole who was also crying.

"Hey, at least you don't have to worry about Key West High making front cover on the news for second quarter," I tried to lighten the mood.

"I think I should pack my things and leave this evening," she said plainly.

I wanted to say something but my dad stepped in, "as much as you're welcomed, I think it is for the best that you do see your way out." He said in a serious yet gentle tone.

I was bummed out and Nicole noticed, "don't worry, I found an apartment. You don't have to hold back on your shenanigans here at school Olly. I'll never forget the kindness you gave me despite your notorious reputation," she pulls me into a tight hug that felt like goodbye... I hope it's not.