Chapter 15

Nicole's POV

It's been two weeks in the school year since Olly's first week of school bash and things have been running smoothly.

Michael and I talked it over but he seemed to have been more lenient and brushed it off like it was nothing.

Surprisingly, he's been in a good mood lately. He hasn't slept around with any other women since his second encounter with Olly. He wants to give it another shot before we actually divorce.

I haven't heard from Olly, ran across her or even received reports from the security. I was starting to get worried and checked her attendance record: she's been absent for two weeks straight.

I felt a chill go down my spine when I thought about the last time I was with her; she was so heated.

Michael was too, I never seen him so angry.

I never seen Olly get that ferociously bold either. She's given me the impression that she just loves to have a good time and cares about her studies in private.

Grades.

My eyes lit up.

She can't afford to be absent for two weeks, it's a rough start especially when you're dual enrolled. I click to check on her grades and she has all A's... she's even turned in assignments from last week- but how?

I sent an email to all her teachers asking about her whereabouts and how she's been able to maintain an A average in their class and they explained she's been doing it through email and would take a verbal quiz to show she's not copying and pasting the work.

I phoned in her drama teacher since she replies the fastest and asked her if she knew about Olly's whereabouts but it was dead end.

I instructed my Vice principal that he'd be running things for the rest of Friday afternoon and i packed my things.

I drove into my neighborhood- there's a shortcut on the other end of it that can lead me to her father's dealership- so in a way, she's somewhat my neighbor as well.

I pulled up slowly into the shop and found jimmy. He gave a smile, but it wasn't as bright as the first time we met.

"Mrs. Waters, having trouble with that jeep again?" he greeted.

"No I'm actually here reguarding my concerns for our student," and he averted his full attention to me with big eyes. And it just spiked my nerves.

"Is she alright?" I became worried for her. I saw tears coming down his eyes and I grew impatient.

"Little squirt is just fine. She promised her grades wouldn't drop if she could work on her assignments at home rather than going to school."

My heart started picking up the pace a little more because something certainly did happen.

Jimmy pointed upstairs and told me that her door is on the left with poilice tape outlining the corners. I walk up and spot a stop sign hanging from her door, did she steal that?- that doesn't matter now.

I knocked on her door and I didn't hear anything. I could hear sniffles from her door and I couldn't bare it.

I opened the door and let myself in. My heart dropped at the sight of her. She was rolled up burrito style in her bed and crying. I looked at her in awe as I walked in and closed the door.

I sat beside her and she continued to cry and I could hear the band music blasting from her earbuds. I roll her over for her to face me and I didn't even think, I just did it; I leaned over and kissed her head. We both looked at each other in shock, but she rolled back over with her back facing me and continued to cry.

I unraveled her blanket and softly gasp. she's covered in scars and bruises and has an ankle brace.

I was terrified and she struggled to sit up. I offered to prop pillow behind her and her messy bun was cute as the sun shined through her window.

"I won't be able to return to school and harass you until I can walk again," she takes out her earbuds, and looks at her right ankle emotionlessly. She wiggles her toes and lets out a plain sigh.

"What happened ?" I nearly whispered to her.

I instinctively got closer to her and rested her hand in mine as I used my other to examine her face.

Her scars healed quickly here but everywhere else was like shit. Olly didn't say anything and it was breaking me.

As crazy as I sound in my thoughts, I missed her remarks and her ridiculous smirk and her troublesome behavior. I've really gotten attached to it. I just miss her in general.

She made me feel like I was worth something. She brought this excitement into my life the very first second we met and I became addicted to her presence the moment I felt cold in her absence. She's given me the type of attention that I could never forget.

She continued to cry and curl up in a ball and I took a brief second to look around her room. She's definitely a beach girl. Baby blue walls, seashell textured mirror and a white fishnet embedded with warm white fairy lights. she had a little skateboard collection.

I looked around and there was a wall mount that was titled off "ole reliable."

I got up from her bed to get a closer look at it but I softly gasp when I noticed the trash can that was filled with broken parts of the skateboard I confinscated the first day we met..

I knew what that meant to her. She even told herself with tears in her eyes that morning, it was something special.