Chapter 101

Nicole's POV

I'm unpacking my things and I hear the door unlock and open. Just even thinking about sharing a house with Olly brings butterflies. Or are these nerves I'm experiencing?

Laughter filled the emptiness of the cabin and it just tugged at my heart on how much I miss her.

"Bye dad! Bye Jiggyyyyy," I hear her voice travel through out and a few barks from her used to be puppy from the phone.

I tried to act natural by continuing to unpack my things and then maybe I could strike up a conversation, I'm not trying to look like I'm waiting for her or anything...

I hear her boots click closer and closer and my heart raced anticipating how I was going to greet her but her phone rang again and I just continued to unpack my clothes.

"Yo," Olly answers..

"I mean yeah sure that sounds like fun, but I kinda wanna roam around a bit on my own after a nap and hot shower. It's cold as hell up here and I've never traveled outside of Florida..."  I continue to eavesdrop on Olly's conversation.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. This could definitely be a place for us to crash over the holidays.. I was thinking about taking my dad and my dog this time next year," I hear her flop her two bags on the bed and she starts unzipping them.

"I don't know man, I saw this ski place not too far from here and I'm definitely going there to figure out how to shred some snow," she sounded determined to do it.

"Matt Donavan I'm shredding snow before we leave this forsaken land of ice," she declares and I hear a loud thump with a heavy sigh following.

Okay Nicole, now's your chance. I took a deep breath before leaving my room and knocking on the side of the door getting Olly's attention.

"I didn't do it!" She groans and laughs playfully as she rolls out of bed.

"What's up?" She dusts herself off and she seemed pretty natural about things. Maybe it is just me after all.

"I was just checking in, you need any help with anything?" I started with small talk and Olly chinks a smile that made me flutter.

"Oh no thanks, I'm gonna go wander around," she chuckled with another chink smile.. there's something different about her, I just can't figure it out. But she's not smirking or giving any sexual remarks like she used to.

"Uh- Nicole?" She breaks my concentration of my thought.

"I'd like to change clothes... could you like- step out?" She gently pushes me out her room and closes the door.

A few minutes had passed and she has on the same clothes the second she walked in, strange.

"Those are literally the same clothes I saw you in," I raised a brow.

"No shit, I needed an extra layer of pants Sherlock. It's fucking cold," she rolls her eyes and laughs.

"Don't go out too far, the sun is setting," I warned her with a small smile and she nods.

"Definitely sounding more like a parent than a roomieeeee," she calls from down stairs and the door shuts.

~~~~~~~~~~~

It's practically night fall and Olly has yet to return home.

Ugh Nicole get it together.

I get out of my room and as I walk down the hall, I see a soft glow from the bathroom door and a cloud of steam flushed out as it swings open.

Olly's gold slick legs caught my eye as she's walking out casually wrapping a towel around her body.

My mouth watered and everything in me tingled. Not even liquor could make me feel this warm.

"Jeez Nicole," Olly muttered in offense.

"I- when did you get back?" I started staring at the floorboards and counting the rings in each one. Anything but looking at her, as much as I'm aching, I can't.

"It got dark around 6 and I found some pretty cool spots for me to disappear off to," she laughs adorably.

"I came back to the cabin not too long ago, I checked in on you and you were sleeping. So I finished unpacking and showered. Anymore questions I need to answer?" She clenches onto the brim of her towel and she gives that sly smirk that makes me weak in my knees.

I recovered and licked my lips, "one more..." I mumbled and Olly's eyebrow arched as if she was anticipating I'd asked another one.

"Are you hungry?" I struggled.

"Phad Thai sounds great, but I guess I won't be having that for a while... the closest thing they have at this resort is orange chicken, white rice and lo-mein... not complaining but I'll bite," she shrugs.

"I'd bite you..." I mumbled under my breath.

Olly froze and I froze just as well. I didn't think she heard me. I mean- I'm on the other end of the hallway. Fuck.

Just before I could say anything, Olly is already closing her bedroom door... damnit.

In all honesty, what would I have said if she was still standing here? I'm not sorry for saying it, nor do I feel guilty that she heard it. I'd fuck the shit out of her and whirl her ass out of that towel if she'd let me.

Her door opens again and her eyes carefully lock into mine. Something about her eyes piercing through me; it's as if she could read me forwards and backwards. My thoughts are exposed- or maybe I shouldn't be drinking before I sleep anymore.

"Let's go get something to eat," she ignores what I said earlier.