Chapter 74

Olly's POV

I was chilling at the girls locker room door as agreed upon. Mariana is running a little late, maybe something came up with the cheer team.

I felt warm hands sneak up behind me and cover my eyes.

"Boo!" I hear a playful giggle catch me off guard.

"I thought you bailed," I grinned and out in the peripheral vision of my eyes, I see a woman stopping in her tracks and just stands still.

"I would never- I COULD never," Mariana wraps her arms around my neck and hugs me.

I look up and I notice the woman who's watching is Nicole... I'm not sure what to
Think of her facial expression.

Mariana pulls away from me and looks at me sincerely. She always looks at me like that but this was a little more sincere than usual.

"I've been practicing pick up lines that I thought you'd like but don't laugh," she flushed pink and my hands are still at her waist.

"Was sneaking up behind me you way of flirting?" I smirked at her and she bites the corner of her lip.

"I know I said Boo but I didn't mean boo as in 'hey I'm trying to scare you' I meant it like 'you're my boo' God I tried to be unique," she face palms herself and I laughed.

That literally made my day, she's so fucking adorable bruh how?

"That was smooth, ten out of ten. But if you want the real handbook, close your eyes and count to three," I smirk at her.

Marianna closes her eyes and I swiftly leave her embrace to stand somewhat back to back with her but I made sure we didn't touch.

Nicole is still standing there, but I tried not to pay too much attention to her. Lowkey creepy. But I'm sure she can hear our conversation in an empty hallway.

"3!" Mariana's voice echoes and it got silent.

I hear her take a few steps forward and she starts walking backwards and bumps right into me.

"Oh, sorry Olly, I didn't see you there," she grabs a hold of me making sure I'm alright.

I brush myself off and lean against the door to the locker room, "Maybe it's fate. Bump into me again and I just might fall for you," I gave a sly smile.

"Ugh a little too damn smooth," she punches my shoulders and we both laugh.

"You can talk your talk and walk it," she shrugs and sighs with a small smile.

"Well now, shall we walk this one together or we're just gonna stand here and talk," I smirked and she blushed again.

"You always seem to come up with the best lines, how do you do it?" She links her arms into mine and we walk past Nicole as she scrambles to her clipboard trying to look occupied.

"I guess all that time in closet did a number huh," I joked and she laughs.

~~~

I was driving to a nearby Halloween store and Mariana sparks a conversation with me; "what costume did you happen to have in mind?"

I kept my eyes on the road and shrugged, "one where I don't have to dress up."

"Not a fan of Halloween?" She softly smiles and I giggle.

"I'm a fan the day after Halloween," I snickered to myself and parking us carefully.

Mariana seemed confused as to why I'd be excited about Halloween the day after it instead of the the day of it, "all the Halloween candy gets marked down as the stores switch over to thanksgiving and Christmas. Candy's cheaper," I hopped out my car and she looked at me amazed.

"That has got to be in the 'how to be a smart shopper' hand guide because I never heard of that," she applauds.

We walk around the costume store taking a look at what they had to offer. I, on the other hand, wasn't too thrilled.

I had more fun messing around with Mariana scaring the shit out of each other with whatever we came across.

"Are you two gonna but anything? You've been in here for two hours!" The person at the register yelled.

"Fuck, I didn't see anything I like," I put the gorilla mask down and was out of breath.

"Uh, here. Take this and let's get going before we get kicked out," she randomly picks up a costume and tosses.

I blindly comply with what she was talking about and fuck, I wish I looked at the costume before throwing away the receipt because FUCK.