Chapter 157

Olly's POV

*moments before the match*

"Olly, dear friend, I've never played laser tag," Chiharu admits.

"Dude, don't even worry about that," I brushed that fact aside as I finish taking note on the map of the arena.

"But what do these buttons do?" Chiharu points out at the bottom of her gun and I don't even know myself...

I look back at the map and see a little highlighted section with symbols matching the buttons..

Aim assist & silencers

"We're gonna win," I cracked my knuckles with a smirk.

"Are we now? Mind telling me the plan in... twenty fucking seconds?" Chirharu's tone becomes more strained.

I reached in my pocket for my phone and made adjustments to her gun.

"You're calling me and I'm right here???" She questions.

"Chinky, trust me. Keep one AirPod in at all times. I will fill you in when we get into positions. We are here, I will be up there in the watch tower and you will be across the arena. Quick, take off your shoes and I will fill you in when you've reached your checkpoint. I'm gonna get you that date," I clapped and rubbed my hands together.

"We're separated and barefoot?" She's still hesitant on my plan and the alarm goes off.

"Just get to you check point and I'll fill you in," I kept my phone on my side while we split parts.

Quickly and swiftly, I ran straight for the tower, i ducked behind a while when I saw flashing laser lights swarming around my location.

"Chiharu, turn around and look up," I whispered over the phone.

"Is that you?" She asks and I look around the corner to see Matt leading his team around the arena.

"No that's Matt and the others. Steer clear from the lasers, I'll let you know when I get to my destination. The pace their going is so cautious, I should be able to fill you in fairly easily," I started to make my run again.

"Go it, my location is supposed to be where the ally is closed off by the black pole- but I'm cornered. If they catch me I'm done for," she explains.

"Hold on, i should be able to see you from here- look up at the tower," I grab my phone and turned my screen on the brightest setting and slid the adjustments high and low constantly for Chiharu to see.

"I see you," she whispers over the phone and I tuck my phone back in my pocket before Matt's team notices.

"Here's the plan, I'm taking my chances that Matt is gonna be at the other side of the arena in the next minute or two. The settings on my gun is different from yours, you're about to see why; I will make the first attack. Hopefully, I will draw them towards me and when they make at least half way across the arena trying to ambush me, I would have moved to a different location. The settings on your gun has a silencer. The second they start making their way towards the tower, you tag as many points you can get without them noticing you're behind them. Hopefully just hopefully.. they make a break for it at the tower and we both finish this by attack from each side of the tower."

"Olly, I swear that's the most genius plan ever. What's your IQ?!" Chiharu whisper yells.

"I'm not sure to be honest, but I've already taken into consideration that you're not experienced with laser tag- even thought you talk a serious big game- which I praise you for. Since you don't have combat experience, you attack your enemy from behind," I contemplated everything.