Chapter 24

Nicole's POV

Oh my god. I kissed my student. I kissed my student! I kissed my student? I kissed Olly and God did sparks fly.

Everything tingled in my body on my way home. Michael has never kissed me the way she did; it was so passionate. I never felt those sparks before, especially not since after- probably because she's my student.

I immediately stopped the breaks before pulling up in the driveway, "oh my god I literally told my student I wanted to hook up in my office- AT SCHOOL- and used detention as an excuse to do so! Ughhhh NICOLE!" I yelled at myself and slammed at the steering wheel.

But that kiss. That kiss put me in some type of trance. I was so in the moment and I- I blushed at the thought of Olly.

Her words in the parking lot haunt my thoughts with echoes sending me chills.

I have been resisting. She just makes me weak in my knees. I'm so used to being in control and she just overrides that. Not to mention that she has flare when doing so.

I get out of my head and continue to pull up to the house. I fiddle around with my empty ring finger. I'm still dumbfounded I really did that. And there's no coming back from it. But it was worth it, I'm sure she's worth it.

I run my hands along the perfectly wrapped box next to me in passenger. I can't wait for her to open this. I know she'll love it.

My mind swarmed left and right with one thought leading to the next. I'm officially divorced and may or may not be pursuing one of the most notorious students ever in Key West High... I need to move out.

<><><><><><>

Walking into the house, Michael is there standing up in the living room like he's been waiting for me.

"What's it now?" I cursed under my breath.

"So the lawyer called," he started. Ugh, I thought he'd be pleased.

"If you think I'm going to come home to you in bed with another woman, please comprehend you're just about ass dumb as they come," I set my purse down and kick off my heels to fetch a glass of wine.

"No, you listen. After everything we've been through, you're just gonna leave? What would Jack have to say? Huh? We promised." He triggered me.

I clenched my fists and threw the glass of wine down on the ground.

"How. Dare. You!" I yelled in pain and annoyance.

"You're an absolute narcissistic piece of shit for pulling that card. Michael I swear to God I want you to burn in hell," I sobbed.

"You act like it's my fault. You had one job," he laughed like the maniac that he is. I couldn't reply at the second, I was busy crying and going through emotional trauma.

"Come on Nicole, who's fault is it really? All I did was help make it all happen and provide you a nice roof over your head and the best hospitals around to care for you," he walked over to the table and sat himself comfortably.

My lips quivered and I held myself in my own arms at the kitchen sink trying my best to no drown in my haunted memories. I wish I could come up with the strength to tell him to shut the hell up, but my head is swimming.

"I wasn't the one pregnant and had a miscarriage," he sighed carelessly.

"Michael, stop it. Please!" I yelled and begged.

I almost dropped to the floor and fell to my knees. I don't know what else to do. Every traumatic memory resurfaced the more he talked.

"Even when the doctors told us the news, we promised we wouldn't separate for the sake of our unborn son," he continues to taunt me.

I felt so weak and helpless, I couldn't tell if I wanted to murder him or just continue to cry.

"Don't you dare say another word! I'm leaving and that's final. Be damned if I do and be damned if I don't. I'm glad I had the miscarriage! I wouldn't dare have my son grow up and risk the chances of him to be the man his father is!" I spat back and rushed off upstairs to get my clothes and a luggage.

"Hey! Come back here!" Michael called.

I ran and immediately locked the door behind me. I quietly sobbed throwing all my clothes and whatever shoes I could bag up as he continuously banged on the door and yelled.

Soon, everything had gone quiet and I zipped up all of my belongings and got ready to leave the bedroom.

A loud bang goes off and the door is blown down, I was horrified as to what's happening.

Michael blazes in and shoves me onto the bed gripping my shoulders and shaking me violently.

"If you think you can just walk in and out of my house however you please and then have the nerve to disrespect me through my unborn child, think again bitch," he hissed and threw me into the bed.

I was terrified as to what happened to the man I once married and confessed my love for him into my vows and questioned who this was before me. I covered my eyes with both my hands, not knowing what to do and I was left anticipating the worst.

"Where's the ring?" He barked.

"I pawned it the second the lawyer finalized the papers you grimy bastard!" I yelled and shoved him aside and grabs me by my hair and tossed me like a rag doll on the bed.

"No allow me!" He roared.

He picks up my luggage and tosses both of them downstairs and marches to them. I hear the front door swing open and I hear the luggage get tossed a second time.

I sobbed and became quiet when I could hear him stomp back up the steps, "get the hell out." He gestures out the bedroom door.

I tidied up with tears in my eyes and held my head up, "with fucking pleasure." I sassed back and strutted out the house and packed my shit without looking back.