Chapter 10

Olly's POV

'Twas the night before detention and I couldn't sleep. My heart was beating louder than my band music. I really kissed her on the cheek.

AND SHE DIDN'T YELL AT ME.

Progress at hand.

I snuggled in my blanket with the biggest grin. I can't wait to go to detention...

<><><><><><><><><>

"Yeah yeah yeah the dark roast hazelnut and almond milk with coconut whip," i huffed and puffed into the drive thru speaker.

"What the fuck you mean you don't have a coconut whip cream? My wife gets it all the time! What kind of Starbucks is this?" I got up close and personal to the drive thru speaker.

I literally have 45mins and my smoothie was practically empty at this point.

"I'm sorry ma'am, we can still get you the order, but without the coconut whip," the drive thru girl said.

I grunted, "fine."

I skated up to the window and handed her my card. She looked pretty shocked to see me and I was already fed up.

"You never seen a white chick get Starbucks?" I snarled.

"No- I Uh- I didn't think a person would skateboard in the drive thru line," she stuttered blushed red.

I got my coffee but there was a bag of cake pops in it with her number on the receipt.

Ughhhh.

I took my card back from the girl and just kept going. I don't have time for this.

I'm not going to detention without that coconut whip cream.

I decided to skate to a nearby store and ask one of the employees for coconut whip for my baby's Starbucks. I just bought a bottle of this shit and hauled ass on my penny board in 30mins.

I stepped inside the building, and made sure my grey beanie was snug. I had on my pink and pastel baby pink tye dye Santa Cruz shirt on with white ripped shots. My socks were magenta and I had on white slip on vans.

I took a minute to stop sweating and thankfully that didn't take long at all.

Making my way towards the library, I stopped by the vending machine to get a Red Bull. "I'm going to need this for later," I lagged.

I saw Miriam at her usual spot and I waved. "How are you Olivia?" She smiled.

I just shrugged my shoulders and she giggled. "I'm starting think trouble likes you just as much as you like trouble. I have three carts of books for you to put away whenever you're ready," she gestured her finger in direction to the carts and I was already excited to do something.

"Is it okay if I finish my breakfast?" I asked nicely and she nodded.

"I'll go let Mrs. Waters know that you've signed in." I set the coffee down because it was starting to sting, and pulled out the coconut whip cream from my gym sack.

I'm not really artsy or whatever bullshit people say but I tried really hard to get that swirl like they did in commercials.

"Hey you," I hear a voice in the background.

I didn't care too much. I just had to get this swirl spot on.

"Olly- is that for me?" I suddenly recognized the voice and turned around.

"It would've looked more presentable if Starbucks actually had fucking coconut whip," I grunted.

Despite my failed attempt to impress her, she was already impressed.

"Olly... Starbucks doesn't offer coconut whipped cream," she said softly.

I cocked an eyebrow trying to comprehend what she just said. "So you knew Starbucks didn't have that and yet you put in a request for it? Why?" I sat on a table crissed crossed on my penny.

Nicole was at a loss of words and she just came out with it, "I got a little curious about your little crush on me is all. I didn't actually think you'd remember or let alone go an extra mile to go to the store to make sure I got the coconut whipped cream for my coffee," she bit her lip and stared off into the ground.

Ugh, what's with it and fems these days eh?

"I'll take an opportunity to please you in less than a heartbeat. And by the fucking way-

she glared at me; "Olly, language!" She whisper yelled.

Oh for fuck sakes, "my fucking bad. Anywho, the Starbucks and the grocery store were literally one mile apart. So yeah, I did go an extra mile for you," I whisper yelled back and she just looked me with her big brown eyes.

Having her speechless should be more of a habit. She's more Nicole and than Mrs. Waters... But either one I'm slowly liking both more and more each time I see her.