Chapter 8

Olly's POV

I washed my hair and let the bubbles tickle the curves of my body. Man did an ice cold
Shower hit the spot.

I rinse off and threw on a plain white T-shirt and ripped shorts. I threw on my classic vans and set my work boots to the side. My hair was still damp after I moisturized it but I headed back downstairs to the waiting room to grab a snack, I could definitely go for a couple of chocolate chip granola bars right now.

I ran down the steps and took a big jump and landed it. The thud startled Nicole, I'm surprised she's even here still.

I go into the drawers behind the desk and pull out a box of chocolate hip granola bars. My mouth watered just holding the entire box of 30 in my hands.

I immediately open one of the bars and keep the wrapper on one half while the other half rests in my mouth. I pick up the box and froze when I turned around and locked eyes with Nicole.

My words were muffled with food and I took a hard swallow at the mouthful of food I had and gulped. "Would you like one?" I tiled my head and she giggles.

"You have chocolate on the corner of your lip," she pointed to the corner of the left side of her lip and I concentrated on licking up the chocolate. I tasted it and licked it off my lips and she laughs beautifully. Her smile, I can't get enough of it.

My dad comes in, causing Nicole to stand on her feet. He looks at her and looks at me. "You did a fine job Ms. Marshall, I'll give you that. Got the right oil, measurements and everything," he kissed my head.

"There's nothing wrong with it?" Nicole asked.

My dad patted me on my back and looked back to her, "can't find a thing that could harm a fly. My daughter pretty much fixed your car off the books," he took his hat off to shake her hand she shook his.

"Thank you," Nicole said with a smile and my died replied.

"I meant to Olly, if you don't mind," and I swear to you, my heart skipped a beat. Does that defy the laws of nature or something?

"You're welcome. I promise no shenanigans for the rest of the week. But next week, no promises," I opened another granola bar.

I saw her hesitate for a mere second and she smiles on her way out.

She's into me. She doesn't know it yet. We just met this morning. Give it some time... one month tops, but two months the latest, I munched on the chewy goodness of my granola.