Chapter 29 - Xian Yue

That incident started with an impulse.

Zhang Yi realized for a while after the start of middle school that Lian Sheng started smiling less. And of course, he knows the cause of this.

And with Sheng Yue being able to influence his childhood friend so much, Zhang Yi would be lying if he said he has no bad intentions.

Zhang Yi was also not the only one to realize the way Lian Sheng had been acting....

.
.
.
.
.

On a particular day, it was Zhang Yi and Tang Ming's turn to do their homeroom's after school chores.

Wiping down the chalkboard, Tang Ming spoke:

"Say, Zhang Yi. Have you realized that Lian Sheng had been acting a little weird recently?"

Zhang Yi paused. His hands with the eraser lowered for a moment, then he continued wiping.

"Yeah, he told me. It's some family business."

Zhang Yi felt that it would be right to stop there, to just push it off as Lian Sheng's own private business. But there was a certain impulse to stir up something. Something a little......

"You know Sheng Yue from the other class?" He asked.

"Sheng Yue? Yes, Lian Sheng's younger brother isn't he? Though I haven't heard much about him...."

"He's actually adopted by Lian Sheng's family just a few years ago."

"? I don't recall Lian Sheng ever telling me that.....but seeing how he didn't mention his brother, I guess they don't get along too well."

"You guessed right. Lian Sheng didn't tell us since he doesn't want us to worry. Though I know what's going on since I've been going over quite often."

Zhang Yi let out a heavy sigh, before showing a helpless expression as he turned towards Tang Ming.

"That Sheng Yue, he constantly felt that his older brother was a hindrance, and that he won't be accepted as long as Lian Sheng is there. So he finds ways to make Lian Sheng's parent despise him."

"By pushing faults on Lian Sheng, breaking his own school supplies then blaming his older brother. All sorts of ways we probably can't think of. He's quite disturbing, that Sheng Yue. Don't understand how Lian Sheng could put up with him when he appeared."

"What!? That Sheng Yue? I think he's actually well liked in his class."

"It's probably just a facade. Don't you realize that the way he acts is too fake? And don't forget he played so many lead roles in school plays. He's an actual child actor too."

"Whoa, how crafty... but when can't just let him get away like this. We should help Lian Sheng in letting everyone find out what kind of person that Sheng Yue actually is!"

"Ha, everyone's fooled by his looks. The teachers are no exception, and so are the other students. We are the only ones who know about this......."

'There', Zhang Yi thought, 'now realize we are the only ones who could help Lian Sheng sort his grievance.'

Tang Ming's lips pressed together. He was dissatisfied.

"Then is there anything we could do?"

Zhang Yi appeared to be thinking for a little while.

"There really isn't much. If only we could scare him to not hurt Lian Sheng anymore......"

"Though...... I think I have an idea.... it's not something we should do though."