Chapter 23 - Xian Yue

Since the crash occurred far from the east coast, and the kidnappers died instantly from the crash, all the police can do is to find the kidnapper's identity. But for some reason, other than their name and identification information, they couldn't find any more clues to their lives and loved ones.

As for the child, they couldn't identify who he is either. Along with his beaten body and unconscious state, putting him up in the list as a lost child also led to no avail.

The only people who could recognize Xian Yue in this state are his family, but the people who looked through the files of recent lost children couldn't identify the young master.

Add on to how the young child had lost his memories, he was in the end sent to an orphanage for the time being.

The orphanage in the countryside is poor and lacks supplies. Even if Xian Yue had lost his memories, his sense of smell and taste is still the same.

From eating the healthiest and tastiest food meant for the rich, he now ends up eating hard and stale bread, old and bitter vegetables, and cold rice. Without any soup to watch down the food, Xian Yue found it hard to endure and swallow.

From sleeping on a large and soft bed fit for a young master like him, to a cramped and wooden bed with limited sheets meant discomfort. For his frail body, lying on the hard board isn't any different from sleeping on a rock. With him used to the warm eastern coast weather and large blankets, he shivered his way into the night, not getting any sleep, and ends up having fever the next day.

The other kids in the orphanage did not pass time as difficultly as he did. The kids grew up poorly to begin with. They are accustomed to the hard wooden beds, the tasteless and dry food, and the cold nights. Due to this, they made fun of the frail and quiet Xian Yue, who never tired to make friends with them.

But how can he try to get along with them when he can't even remember who he is?

He doesn't know what to talk to them about, he doesn't want them to find out that he doesn't even know his own name.

No...... he actually does remember one thing

____________________________________

.... Xian Yue remembered the time back when he was supposed to be kidnapped.

There were loud sirens and flashlights shining around him...

He remembered that he couldn't move, his body is in so much pain that he actually can't feel the suffering. The whole area around him is completely cramped, as the trunk of the car had also suffered much impact, just not as much as the front.

The police at first didn't check the trunk. They had no reason to think a person would be in a cramped trunk of a small car.

He remembered the people around him talking...

"...all dead, how unlucky, if they crashed somewhere else, the damage wouldn't be nearly as bad..."

".... instant death. No one would be alive with the extent of the damage."

"Ah, here comes the towing truck. Let's get the car up there..."

Then Xian Yue remembered the feeling of the car being raised.

He wanted to yell out, to tell them that he is still trapped in there. Yet no sound came out. From the narrow crack in the trunk he can make out the people outside, but he can only watch as they get farther and farther away....

Xian Yue tried to reach out in desperation, to no avail, then his eyes met a small figure lingering with the adults.

The boy is wearing clothes of high brands: a neat and simple button white shirt, and black shorts seemingly made with expensive material. But the clothing is not what stands out.