Chapter 12- Last Date 2/2

By the time Cheng Yin and Lian Sheng finished watching the movie and walked out the theater, it is 7:30PM and the sun is starting to set, it's light orange glow illuminating the surroundings, giving the busy city a warm and quiet atmosphere despite the chatters of the streets.

Without realizing it, Lian Sheng and Cheng Yin stopped holding hands as they walked side by side, the distance between the two seemed to have gotten larger as though there's an invisible wall between them.

Li Nuo felt troubled, if it was Luo Nang that's causing these conflicts, he can at least try to prevent it. But Cheng Yin seems to be messing everything up on his own!

Lian Sheng thought that it was late, and since they are outside in the city, they might as well have dinner before they go back.

He scanned the restaurants at the side of the sidewalks, looking for a quiet and homey diner.

His eyes stopped upon a diner near the end of a road, called ' Sunset Tropical Cafe '

Lian Sheng then reached out to tap on Cheng Yin, then changed his mind and called out instead:

"Cheng Yin, would you like to eat together before we go?"

Cheng Yin, who had walked a little ahead and didn't realize Lian Sheng had stopped turned around.

The two stood facing each other with a little distance in between.

Behind Lian Sheng, the sun has now set to a point where the originally light orange light had turned a little red, casting a dull orange-red hue on the sides of Lian Sheng's body. The teenager, who despite having a smile on his face looks a little sorrowful. He seemed to realize that there is a distance between them, like two cliffs above a deep valley, while the two are physically close together, the distance cannot be covered due to a major obstacle. Rather than both of them trying to find a way to get to each other, one had already found something else he desires on his own side.

This is also the impression Li Nuo has of them. From behind the building that's located behind Lian Sheng, he can see the two clearly as they have walked to a more deserted area.

...Li Nuo felt a little bit of grief welling up in him, since seeing Lian Sheng in the orange-red light reminds him of the last timeline, where Lian Sheng ended up hanging himself. He still cannot wipe away any trace of those memories from his mind, whether it was Lian Sheng's face covered in tears or his room in the sunset, the scene had been imprinted within him, refusing to fade until the matter has been solved.

Yet despite Li Nuo's effort, the progress he had made is completely wiped away by a single appearance of an outsider...

... Even though he is still a fairly important character in a S rank world...

He watched as Cheng Yin agreed and went with Lian Sheng into the diner. Li Nuo pondered for a few minutes, then he decided to wait outside since he remembered his past mistakes of following them in a bright and cramped area with no where to hide.

"System, make sure to be on a higher guard, their date is almost over, so Luo Nang could appear anytime soon now." Li Nuo said in his mind.

'Of course, I do not need a reminder' the system replied.

..............................................................

In the diner, the two ordered two sandwiches and two drinks, then sat down at a table next to the glass wall. Li Nuo needed to plant himself on the window to be able to see them at this angle without being seen.

The two waited for their food in an awkward silence... for Cheng Yin at least, as he can't really read the expression on Lian Sheng's face. As of this moment, the teenager is staring out the glass, his chin resting on his left palm. Cheng Yin doesn't know what Lian Sheng is looking at, it's 8:00 now and the sky has turned dark without any signs of the sun. All that's out there is the sight of the street and stores on the other side of the road, there is barely anybody out there.