Chapter 3, prologue 3, - the Disregarded Son

The fight lasted for a really long while. Lian Sheng and Zhang Yi stopped talking and meeting with each other for the rest of middle school year.

Lian Sheng became a little more cold and distant than before, even to people that are not Zhang Yi. While guys disliked his attitude, girls found this intriguing, which upset many guys even more. Zhang Yi however, other than not being with Lian Sheng acts the same as usual.

Before middle school ended, Zhang Yi became friends with Sheng Yue. The two often bumped into each other in the hallways. At first they barely greeted each other, but as time went on, they began to stop in the hallways to talk and hang out for as long as they can before class starts.

As they got along really well later on, the two started to meet outside of school. Sheng Yue occasionally visits Zhang Yi in his house.

Zhang Yi never visited Sheng Yue in his home in fear of seeing Lian Sheng.

This continued on for the rest of school year and into summer break.

.........................................................

While Zhang Yi was able to live his life fairly normally, Lian Sheng lived his days with loneliness after refusing to see Zhang Yi. It was hard for him to go by his days without someone who can really understand him by his side. He just wants someone that can accept all his bad points, and his selfishness.

If Zhang Yi cannot face his selfishness, Lian Sheng thought, he should just hide it inside of him like he always had. He just can't take this loneliness anymore.

Yes. He thought, he wants to make up with Zhang Yi. Even if he hides his true thoughts, even if it causes him pain, it can't hurt any more than now, right?

Lian Sheng couldn't wait after making up his mind, he left his house and walked directly to Zhang Yi's house that stood next to his.

He was about to ring the bell when someone unexpected walks out.

It was Sheng Yue. He opened the door and had just waved goodbye inside to Zhang Yi when he walked straight ahead and bumped into Lian Sheng.

Sheng Yue's eyes widened.

"Brother?"

" Sheng Yue..." Lian Sheng replied emotionlessly.

"Um, brother, I was just here to hang out..." Sheng Yue said. His eyes looking back and forth at the two of them,  finding something wrong with their atmosphere.

"There's nothing to apologize for, Xiao Yue" ( putting Xiao in front of someone's name is a more intimate way of calling someone) Zhang Yi said with his usual refreshing smile.

"Xiao Yue?" Lian Sheng repeated.

Sheng Yue looked awkwardly at the two of them.

When were they close enough to the point that they would each other address that way? And they've been hanging out with each other while he never knew...

Lian Sheng smiles sorrowfully.

"I guess you stopped putting me in your mind..."

Zhang Yi looked a little remorseful, then he made up his mind and said:

"Lian Sheng, let's breakup."

"... I thought you were going to say that sooner or later."

Sheng Yue was stunned.

"You two were dating?"

Zhang Yi looked down kindly at Lian Sheng.

" I'm really sorry, but we can still stay as friends can we?"