Chapter 13 Breaking off Relations

Under the bright street lamp overlooking a cold bench sat Lian Sheng, looking down at his hands which are laying on his lap, his thoughts unknown.

"I'm back!" Li Nuo yelled in the distance, running in Lian Sheng's direction.

Lian Sheng looked up towards him, his slightly red eyes showed emotions of relief and gratitude.

Li Nuo walked over and sat next to him, in his hands a cup of hot chocolate.

"Here." He said, handing the warm cup over with a comforting smile.

Lian Sheng took the cup in his hands. Despite him being slightly taller than Li Nuo, at this moment he looks small and fragile with his unstable emotions.

"So, could you tell me what happened?" Li Nuo inquired softly. "You don't need to tell me if it feels too uncomfortable."

Lian Sheng's eyes is filled with grief once more, but he did not cry.

"It's fine, I'll tell you." He said.

.....................................................................

After Lian Sheng had left the diner, he made his way through the dark and empty streets to the park.

When he reached the entrance, he looked for Cheng Yin's figure, but couldn't find him immediately, so he wandered around a little more. When he reached close to a large tree in the park, he heard a light moan. From there, he stopped and looked towards the direction of the sound.

Through the lower branches and leaves, he can still easily make out the side figure of Cheng Yin who is leaning down and holding someone closely, his lips pressing down heavily on someone beneath him.

Someone who he knew closely.

His adopted brother, Sheng Yue.

The same one that took the only bits of love his parents ever had for him, someone who took the heart of the only person who had treasured him: Zhang Yi. Now he took away one of the few people whom he had liked ever since then.

Lian Sheng felt alone once more. He wants to go up to the two and confront them, but what can he do? Make a fuss, get rejected harshly, then lose his pride? Even if he tried to separate the two, he knew that Cheng Yin and him will not have a chance anymore. Trying to tear the two apart will just cause backlashes. He can tell by both of their expressions that they are inseparable, as if one would die for the other, and would do all they can to be with each other for eternity.

This is the love that Lian Sheng desires but is unable to receive ...

Containing and shutting in the bitterness within him, Lian Sheng left the park, at the time he was still  suppressing his pent up feelings within him, not planning on letting it out. But when he saw a familiar figure running up to him, whose face contained genuine worry and kindness, the welled up urge to let out his grief bursted, and without knowing it, he started to cry. Not just of Cheng Yin's disloyalty, but also all the sufferings and grievances he had went through.

With each tear sliding down, a piece of memory went through his head with it, so once he's done venting out his frustrations, he felt calmness and peace. This was the first time he had shared his problems with someone else, if felt as though he entrusted Li Nuo with part of his heart, and it feels great, like a heavy weight being lifted to the point where he won't feel unbearably suffocated.

Li Nuo listened to his experiences. While he knew all about his past, it feels different hearing it from the person themselves.

At this time, Lian Sheng has finished all the hot chocolate in his hand, and he seems to have calmed down a lot more. Li Nuo could finally let out his breath, glad that Lian Sheng had taken this better than he thought he would. He thought maybe it was because the two haven't known and dated for too long like they did in the past life.