Chapter 42 - Li Nuo's Warning (1)

Late in the night, a certain overbearing CEO is still looking over the financial reports for the company. Most of the employees had already left for the night, yet he is still planning to stay for another hour. His secretary continued to assist him nearby, clicking away on his keyboard as he yawned uncontrollably.

"Secretary Lin." A deep voice sounded nearby.

The secretary quickly shut his mouth and apologized.

"It's fine, I just wanted to tell you that you can leave for the night, I can finish everything else myself."

The secretary secretly cheered in his mind, but still said a few perfunctory words before pretending to reluctantly leave.

'Finally! Time to go to a bar!' He thought while he packed up his belongings.

.

.

The company building at this time is deathly still and quiet. The secretary's footsteps echoed through the corridor as he made his way to the elevator. Very few employees are still in this building, so the slightest sound reverberated, almost hauntingly. 

The secretary is used to this environment, as this was not the first time he had to work overtime. However, this time felt different...he had a feeling that someone is watching him.

Even the bright lights above him can't calm his nerves.

Suddenly, he heard a creak coming from behind and he quickly froze and turned to source of the sound, lifting up his attache case above his head, ready to attack whatever creature that dared to pop up...

Only to see a fellow late night employee walking out the restroom, giving him a strange look before walking away in the opposite direction.

Secretary Lin put down his case embarrassingly, and scratched at his head as he finally arrived at the elevator and pressed the button.

The elevator opened with a loud 'ding.'

The man stepped through the open door, and felt a slight breeze to his right, the sensation that one would get when a person walks by them in close proximity...

...But there was no one there.

Goosebumps formed on his arm...

...When the elevator had finally arrived on the first floor, a suited man dashed through the front lobby, so fast that he appeared as a dark blur as he ran off into the distance...

.

.

.

"What a surprisingly perceptive guy." Li Nuo said as he glanced through the window at the man below who is getting into a car.

"There are occasional outliers like him, but I'm sure that no one else will be able to sense your presence through this invisibility cloak." The system answered.

"Right, thanks again, system."

"...Just pay me back after this mission..."

"Kay-"

Li Nuo had always been the type of person to act quickly. Right after he got the idea to give Luo Nang a lesson using Xian Zhiqing, he asked the system about the ways he can enter the company building without getting caught.

Then once the plan is put in place, he set out immediately, which now led to this situation.

The teen turned away from the window and adjusted the hood covering half his face, then he continued his path to the CEO's office.