Chapter 11 - Last Date (1/2)

That day, when Cheng Yin tried to meet up with that boy again but failed, he questioned his actions and then insulted himself of his disloyal actions. In order to forget about that boy and place his boyfriend first in his mind, Cheng Yin asked out Liang Sheng on a date to strengthen his feeling for him.

Saturday, at 4pm, Cheng Yin is dressed in a white T-shirt with a trendy design, covered by a simple black zip up jacket. Below, he wore slightly torn light blue jeans and red sneakers. His tall and youthful figure attracted some of the women shopping around that area, whom some asked for his company or number, which Cheng Yin turned down.

A few minutes later, Lian Sheng appeared, walking towards Cheng Yin in a white denim shirt, dark blue jeans, and white shoes. His simple dress doesn't downplay his looks, but instead gave him an elegant and neat aura.

After apologizing to Cheng Yin for being a little late, the two walked off into the busy streets.

Li Nuo, who is trailing them made sure to keep a large distance between them. Just enough to see their surroundings. His inauspicious clothing are simple with dull colors, his blue baseball cap covered his good looks, easily blending him in with the large crowd. Adding in the fact that the couple is fairly far away and distracted, Li Nuo did not have to hide in a suspicious manner like he did before.

First, Lian Sheng is taken to a small but comfortable cafe, where Cheng Yin ordered two small coffees and payed for both, though after Lian Sheng struggled to pay for it himself. The female clerk looked at these two eye candies playing out a couple act and secretly enjoyed it. She even added two free cookies with their orders. Lian Sheng gave her a polite smile and a tip before they left the cafe.

Li Nuo, who is looking inside the shop from the outside is glad that Cheng Yin seemed to came back to his senses and is acting like a proper protagonist gong, but he can't lower his guard yet as Luo Nang can appear anytime. While his system's 100 meter search function is on, the teleporting ability Luo Nang has is still tricking to deal with.

When the couple walked out, Lian Sheng felt something warm covering his hand. He looked down and saw Cheng Yin's hand covering his. Lian Sheng hesitated a little, then closed his hand around the warm hand tightly, glad that Cheng Yin doesn't seem to mind any of the looks directing towards them, the good and the bad.

The two then walked into a movie theater, buying popcorn and drinks, which Lian Sheng stepped up to buy before Cheng Yin had the chance. The two choose a Thriller movie. The bucket of popcorn sat on the armrest between them, which meant that they won't be holding hands. However, their hands sometimes brush together when they try to grab a bite. At first, the two looked at each other awkwardly when this happened. But as these actions grew increasingly frequent, the two dismissed it and focused on the drama.

Li Nuo, who is sitting 5 rows back can see their actions clearly. He wants to scream at Cheng Yin, telling him to make a move! The two, if it weren't for the bucket of popcorn between them, they would just seem like two good school friends who had a similar preference for movies! Why wasn't this a romance movie!? And why aren't there any cliche movie theater developments! Where are the 'laying on the boyfriend's shoulder', 'holding hands on the armrest', and 'sneaking glances at each other but getting caught!'

After staring at then agonizingly for a little while, Li Nuo saw Lian Sheng turning his head around, looking at his direction.

Surprised, Li Nuo quickly ducked behind the seats, ignoring the weird looks people sitting near him are giving him, luckily, no one went up to question his actions. Is it just him or does it seem as though Lian Sheng has really good senses?

After 2 minutes, he cautiously got up after making sure the two protagonists aren't looking his direction. His movements are swift yet soft as he sat back down on his seat. His eyes glancing towards the protagonists every once in a while.

For a while, the two just sat there watching the movie while occasionally grabbing some popcorn. While Cheng Yin looks as though he is completely immersed in the show, he's actually trying to make a move.

He secretly took a look at Lian Sheng next to him.

The teenager's eyes holds a light blue hue as the light from the movie hits his eyes. Due to the lighting of the room, Lian Sheng looks a little more pale than he usually does. Though because Lian Sheng is fairly tall and doesn't have the same feminine structure as Sheng Yue does, the pale skin did not make him look fragile, and instead adds a hint of beauty.

Cheng Yin's eyes moved to Lian Sheng's lips, which is a reddish pink color. The surface of his lips contains a faint luster as Lian Sheng had just licked over his lips with his tongue to rid of the crumbs. To Cheng Yin, this sight looks extremely appealing as he now wants to lean in and have a taste.

Lian Sheng felt Cheng Yin's heavy stare and turned to face him.

The mood between the two now holds an air of serene calmness, as though they are the only ones existing in this space and time.

Cheng Yin gulped and leaned in, slowly closing the distance between the two.

Li Nuo is watching this scene in front of him unfold with anticipation.

'Finally some progress, it's not a date unless they act like an actual couple!' He thought.

Cheng Yin has now leaned in close enough to see the details of Lian Sheng's eyes. The one in front of him seemed a little surprised and unable to react. His lips parted slightly in confusion.

As the distance between their lips are barely an inch away, and Li Nuo is secretly celebrating in his mind, Cheng Yin suddenly felt a strong denial within his heart, telling him not to go any further, or he'll regret it. Cheng Yin then asked himself why he would regret it, Lian Sheng and him are dating.

Then another voice whispered darkly in his mind:

'Are you sure that Lian Sheng is truly the one you love and want?'

An invisible force prevents Cheng Yin from moving even closer, He felt as though his heart is being squeezed, his body aches in rejection, an overwhelming sensation of desire rises up within him, but he felt that the one in front of him won't be able to satisfy his urge.

Cheng Yin's eyes once again showed a hint of reddish glow, which then dissipated.

Lian Sheng had been watching Cheng Yin's mixed expressions, though when the color of Cheng Yin's eyes had changed for a moment, he thought it was just due to the lighting from the movie.

"Cheng Yin, are you alright?" He whispered lightly.

Cheng Yin finally snapped out of his trance. He threw his head back so fast that it surprised both Lian Sheng and Li Nuo begins them. He then began to breath heavily as though he was out of breath.

Lian Sheng reached out to grab Cheng Yin's arm, wanting to lift him up to leave the theater and go somewhere brighter and calmer. As soon as his fingers touched him, Cheng Yin felt repulsed, his body flinched in rejection, his movements so large that even Li Nuo couldn't miss it.

Lian Sheng lowered his hands slowly, his expression couldn't be seen behind his bangs and shadow.

"I...I'm sorry, just surprised, hahah." Cheng Yin tried to laugh it off.

Lian Sheng lifted his head back up, his dark eyes are slightly narrowed as he looks straight into Cheng Yin's eyes. As if trying to analyze him, dragging out his deepest secrets. Cheng Yin froze on the spot, not knowing whether he should look away.

A few moments later, Lian Sheng's expression softened up to the usual warm and elegant countenance.

"It's fine, I must've moved a little too suddenly in this dark theater, and with this movie nonetheless."

Cheng Yin let out a sigh of relief, luckily, Lian Sheng did not find much wrong with him.

The two then went back to watching the movie.

Li Nuo didn't really understand much of what had happened, but he knew that Cheng Yin's abnormal reaction must have something to do with that Luo Nang, but he has no way to deal with this yet. He really wants to cram some sense into Cheng Yin...

'He doesn't understand that Lian Sheng has a hard time trusting others, he does not know that his actions may have put doubt and suspicion in Lian Sheng's mind!'

Li Nuo could only heighten his guard and try to overlook their date till the end.