Chapter 30 - New Beginning

At this moment, an otherworldly scene is playing out within Li Nuo's room.

The teen is currently laying down on his simple bed. His system floats nearby to observe the situation.

After obtaining the golden ball of hidden plot line, Li Nuo returned back to his apartment immediately to absorb the information.

The process doesn't take long, only about a minute or so outside his consciousness despite being more like a long dream to Li Nuo.

The golden light gradually enters the teen's head as it soon disappears completely.

The moment the last trace of light is gone, Li Nuo's eyelids fluttered a bit as his eyes opened.

Sitting up slowly, he compiled all he had seen within the dream like vision.

The plot line that was shown to him from the beginning really had too many hidden parts, causing him to have his own assumptions.

Who knew that Sheng Yue wasn't trying to become a jealous and greedy younger brother wanting to take over everything his brother has, and is instead just a naive and clumsy teen?

He wouldn't have thought that Zhang Yi is worse that he had seemed.

He wouldn't have known that Sheng Yue had no romantic feelings towards Cheng Yin.

He wouldn't have thought that Sheng Yue didn't jump off the bridge, but rather was PUSHED off.

What he had thought was just a simple mission had turned out to be quite complicated.

The system itself also didn't know the hidden plotlines. But that changes little to nothing.

This really is a fairly easy mission, especially for Li Nuo.

All the mission asks for is to guarantee a satisfactory ending for Lian Sheng.

It doesn't matter how. Li Nuo did not need to think too deeply. Not knowing the truth behind the matter will not prevent him from getting a high evaluation.

Besides, the real Sheng Yue is dead. He has probably already been reincarnated into another world, and is fulfilling a happy life right now.

Li Nuo knows this too. But at the very least, the memories dissolved his suspicions, so it's not all a failed effort. He would now be able to act without those restrictions.

He is sure that Sheng Yue had no bad intentions directed towards his brother, so Luo Nang should not harm Lian Sheng, nor interfere with his future.

So while Luo Nang is the outsider, he isn't the one who directly harmed Lian Sheng in the past timeline.

But as Li Nuo recalled Sheng Yue's actual background, and how it's Luo Nang who would be able to access the power, he slowly raised the back of his hand to his head.

'Feels like the future is going to be filled with stress'

____________________________________

It's quite late in the night.

The sun had set hours ago, most lights have already went out in the silent street.

In the Sheng family home, an open window revealed a hint of dim light coming from a bedside lamp, as well as a figure of a teen beside it.

Leaning near the window, Luo Nang held his cellphone to his ear as he listened.

"Yes, I understand.......No, you shouldn't be sorry."

Luo Nang's eyelashes lowered slightly as he kept listening to the other person on the phone.

After a little while, his lips parted:

"Confused? A little, but it wasn't as though I did not prepare myself for it."

A few minutes later, Luo Nang is finally almost done with the call. Shutting off the lamp, the darkness concealed his sneer as he said one last thing:

"A meeting? Of course. When will my family have time huh........."

"Make it three days from today, so Saturday. And also,"
I'm looking forward to our family reunion."
.
.
.
"Good night, brother."

With that, he turned off the phone with a click, his intentions hidden beneath the bright eyes.

His hands gently closed the curtains, concealing the conflict in the future that's to come.

____________________________________
.
.
.
The Thursday of the week is quite cool, as autumn will soon pass, and winter awaits.

The uniforms of the students now is accompanied by a long sleeved jacket. Many of them are on the way to campus, filling the air with cheerfulness of youth.

As falling leaves of various colors fluttered down, a teen made his way through the vibrant curtain.

Strands of dark hair moved with his steps and the breeze. A thin scarf is wrapped around his neck, a portion drifting behind him as he walked.

The dark eyes beneath the lashes are focused on the book in his hands, and as a bright leaf landed right on the page, it's swept off right away as his graceful fingers turned the page.

Quick steps sounded behind him, and with just that, he knew who it was.

Closing his book, Lian Sheng turned back to face the one hurrying towards him.

"Lian Sheng!" Li Nuo called out with a bright smile from a distance away.

Lian Sheng revealed a heartfelt smile, his features relaxed as his lips curved. Warm emotions filled his heart as he greeted back.

"Good Morning"

____________________________________

A/N

∩^ω^∩ Short chapter, I know, but I felt that this is a pretty nice stopping point to start off the second half!