Chapter 19 - In the Library

The rest of the day proceeded after lunch. During 3rd block, when Royce introduced himself, the students had already labeled him as another addition of the school's campus grasses.

Looks? Silky blond hair with gem like blue eyes, with looks on par of an European aristocrat: 9/10

Smarts? He achieved another extremely high score on par with the other campus grasses. 10/10

Sports? Unsure, but just looks and smart alone
makes him worthy of becoming a campus grass.

No matter how brilliant he is, luck isn't on Royce's side, since his seat is 4 desks away from Lian Sheng. And with Li Nuo sitting right beside Lian Sheng, it's hard for Royce to even catch the youth's figure.

But finally, when the classes ended, Royce overheard Li Nuo and Lian Sheng's plans to go study at the public library. With this, he thickens his skin and went up to the two.

"Hello, you are Du Yuan and Lian Sheng, two of the best students right?"

Lian Sheng only replied a "yes." His uninterested expression froze Royce on the spot in awkwardness. Li Nuo quickly realized his discomfort and made the most out of this situation.

"We are, I'm guessing you need help with catching up to the lessons? We are heading to the library, do you want to come along?"

With this, Royce looked over to Li Nuo and have him a grateful expression.

"that would really help! I'll be troubling you two then."

"Would that be alright, Lian Sheng?" Li Nuo asked the youth next to him.

Lian Sheng's face is still as expressionless as could be as he nodded in agreement.

__________________________________

In the library, the three sat near the windows as it's Lian Sheng's favorite spot. They each got out their textbooks and notes and started to study.

Li Nuo was quite helpful to Royce as he pointed out all the information that he should know, and also filling him in with some more knowledge about the school.

Lian Sheng also helped a bit as he allowed Royce to read and memorize his notes, and also letting him take pictures of it to copy down.

While Royce worked on making up the lessons he missed, the other two grabbed a few library books and started to read.

With the addition of another companion, The table is louder compared to when it was just Li Nuo and Lian Sheng.

"Say, Royce, you're from A country right? How is it there, different?" Li Nuo asked.

"Other than the language, not much. The environment where I lived in is quite nice, with many hills and rivers, just like this place."

"I heard that you scored really high on the entrance exam, was your rank high back in you old school?"

"I was usually 1st, since the school I went to is a normal public school." Royce lied with a straight face.

Li Nuo definitely heard through Royce's deception, as he knows of his background. How can the heir of a major company in A country be going to a common public school?

But Li Nuo replied as though he knew nothing of that matter.

"I hope you'll do well in our school then, the workload and courses here are much more rigorous compared to a normal public school."

"I'll be fine, with you two here to help, I'm sure that I won't have much trouble with the lessons." With this, Royce managed to secure himself a place as friends with the two.