Chapter 7- gym class

Two weeks after The cafe incident, Cheng Yin asked Lian Sheng out, which Lian Sheng agreed.

This puzzled Li Nuo greatly. While he predicted that the protagonist gong will be confessing early on in the plot, he never expected Lian Sheng to agree so easily. Li Nuo even planned for an event where he would play the role of a great adviser and lead Lian Sheng to his love life. Guess it was probably unnecessary.

Since the location of the confession was just the two behind the school yesterday, Li Nuo walked up to them during lunch the same as usual, pretending that he doesn't know anything. He can tell by Lian Sheng's anxious expression and Cheng Yin's bright face that they are planning to tell him.

Sitting next to Lian Sheng the same as always on the bench below the giant tree, Li Nuo decides to get this over with.

"What's up with you two? Do you have something to tell me?" Li Nuo said curiously.

"Well..." Lian Sheng opened.

"We are dating." Cheng Yin said with a matter of fact tone.

"I see, as expected, congrats." Li Nuo said with a smile.

Cheng Yin was prepared for Li Nuo to show a surprised expression, then he would've poked fun at him, and ask him to support them. He did not expect Li Nuo to say something like this. Doesn't that mean he had completely seen through him?

"You punk, could it be that you had known the whole time and tried to set us up at that cafe!?" Cheng Yin yelled, grabbing Li Nuo and giving him a noogie.

Turns out that Cheng Yin isn't that stupid, Li Nuo thought.

"Is that true, Du Yuan?" Lian Sheng said. For some reason, Li Nuo thought he heard a hint of anger in his voice.

"Um, yes..." he said guiltily.

"When you told us the next day that you were getting a pregnant lady to the hospital, I knew you were hiding something. Those things usually only happen in movies." Cheng Yin said.

Lian Sheng thought a little more into it. "That girl with the baseball cap sitting next to us that ordered the same things you usually do... was that you?"

Li Nuo couldn't say anything, his face is slowly turning into a shade of red.

Cheng Yin slapped Li Nuo hard on the back. "Never knew you could cross dress so well!"

Li Nuo suddenly felt that his efforts that day were totally useless.

.......................................

Li Nuo is thankful to the 2 protagonist who still hanged out with him despite them dating. Though some things did change like how the 2 started going on dates frequently, so the three hanged out less outside of school. However, Li Nuo was satisfied.

It's just really hard for him to handle all the dog food in front of him.

Cheng Yin now engages in open behavior everyday. During lunch, he will lie on Lian Sheng's lap, urging for the protagonist shou to feed him mouth to mouth. Lian Sheng, who is not as shameless as he is just feeds him by hand. Though this scene is still a thorn in Li Nuo's eyes.

In class, Cheng Yin, who sits 2 seats across in the same row often throws flirtatious glances at Lian Sheng, who would give back a light smile. Li Nuo, who sits between them would turn towards Cheng Yin and make a throwing up expression.

After school, before Cheng Yin and Lian Sheng go on their own ways, they would hold hands starting from the moment they leave class, with Li Nuo tagging behind them, looking like a complete third wheel.