Chapter 9- left alone

Cheng Yin couldn't sleep well that night. Ever since he saw that boy, his mind couldn't refrain from remembering the boy's face, his voice, his eyes, and especially the feeling he gave him when they stared eye to eye. He felt as though he met that boy before, but swear that he does not remember anyone with such appearance in his life.

There is an odd feeling within him, like a heavy pressure weighing down on his chest, making it hard to breath. He felt a severe lack of warmth. He grabbed his extra pillow and held it tight, squeezing it against his chest as if it was a replacement for something precious. Even doing so cannot deal with the emptiness in his heart. He wish it could be morning soon, the darkness just seem to make him feel even lonelier. Once morning comes, he would meet up with Lian Sheng, and this feeling may just fade away.

Another voice inside him seem to speak out: No, no...... Lian Sheng is not who you need, you need that boy. He is the only one meant for you!

Cheng Yin shook his head. What was he thinking? Lian Sheng is the one he likes, why is he so fixed on someone he doesn't know? Sure the guy had really good looks, the best looking person he had ever seen, but he isn't someone who is fixated on just the face!

...... there seems to be something else that draws him in.... but what is it?

Cheng Yin's eyes narrowed slightly, beneath the strands of hair on his face, his dark eyes glowed a faint shade of dark red, but only for a moment. The hue faded soon after Cheng Yin closed his eyes, trying to fall asleep to relieve himself of the agony.

.........................................................................

The next morning, Cheng Yin is walking haggardly on the side walk. His usually confident and lively face is now replaced by a tired and empty expression.

As he arrived at the school entrance, he saw Li Nuo and Lian Sheng happily chatting away as they walked.

With his long strides, he quickly approached them.

The two turned around when they heard the familiar steps.

Li Nuo is taken back by Cheng Yin's state. " Cheng Yin, what happened to you? Something happened with your fami-"

Cheng Yin walked past Li Nuo and straight towards Lian Sheng.

Li Nuo watched as Cheng Yin wrapped his arms around Lian Sheng and pulled him in for a bear hug. The protagonist shou's eyes widened in surprised as he is completely wrapped up by Cheng Yin.

Cheng Yin's hold on Lian Sheng is so strong that he finds it a little hard to breath being squeezed so tightly. Cheng Yin buried his face at the base of Lian Sheng's slender neck, heavily breathing in his scent.

Li Nuo could only awkwardly watch as his 2 friends continue spreading dog food to single dogs such as him. The scene is also attracting the glances of other students passing by.

The two didn't pay attention to their surroundings as they kept this position. Lian Sheng is able to pry his arms from Cheng Yin's hold. He wanted to remind Cheng Yin of their current surroundings, then saw the state that he is in, and instead lifted his arms to pat Cheng Yin's back and rub his head.

After 10 more seconds passed, and Li Nuo was wondering whether he should just go ahead, Cheng Yin finally released Lian Sheng.

"Cheng Yin, are you alright?" Lian Sheng asked. His hands holding both sides of Cheng Yin's cheeks as he looked into his eyes, almost as if seeing through Cheng Yin's inner turmoil.

Cheng Yin suddenly snapped back up. His eyes wide with alertness. Then as if he had just taken notice of the situation, he apologized for the sudden action with an awkward smile.