Chapter 22 - Xian Yue

16 years ago, on the east coast of the country lived a family. The mother, Xian Lin and father, Xian Han are owners of many major hotels in this touristy area filled with beaches and resorts.

The eldest son, Xian Zhiqing lived up to his background, surpassing his peers in knowledge in every area, becoming a well known genius among those who were rich and influential.

The Xian family's second and youngest son, Xian Yue, isn't as talented as his brother. It is due to this reason that his older brother has been put down as the successor despite his young age.

Even so, the Xian parents did not give him any less love. They loved both their sons to their bones, spoiling each of them and teaching them knowledge in areas of their interest.

For Xian Zhiqing, he spoiled his brother like his parents did since he has a more mature mind set compared to those his age. He especially enjoyed taking his little brother out for fun and showing him the joy of this world.

So even though Xian Yue isn't the successor of his parent's hotels, he was already guaranteed a life of happiness, one where he would be given all he wanted with no lack of love.

The warm and happy life of his however, ended at the age of 5.

On the day of Xian Yue's 5th birthday, Xian Zhiqing took him out to try common street snacks before taking him home where their parents planned a huge, grand, surprise.

After handing his brother a cup of strawberry ice cream, the 12 year old Xian Zhiqing felt something wrong....

He quickly looked up and glared into a dark alleyway behind the ice cream man. There, he made out the silhouette of a man who is staring back at him.

The moment the other realized he had been found, he signaled for action.

Seemingly out of no where, the people who just seemed to be passing by closed in on the two kids, preventing any path of escape. Even the ice cream man is involved.

They first tried to take the oldest son, but Xian Zhiqing, with his talent in martial arts and had honed his reaction speed can easily free himself out of their grasps and aim for their weak points to inflict as much damage as he can with his small body.

While this is enough to get him away, after defending himself and his little brother at the same time, Xian Yue still got taken away in a swift motion by one of the men.

The men didn't try to take away Xian Zhiqing as he is too troublesome, and some of the other passerbys had called the police. Taking Xian Yue with them, the men disappeared as fast as they had arrived.

Xian Zhiqing tried to catch up to them, but as the men may had been trained to do this task, a 12 year old kid is unable to catch up. With them running in the alleyway, one of the men pushed trash cans and wooden boards down to slow Xian Zhiqing down.

Xian Zhiqing was able to jump and make his way around them, but when he failed to locate a dark board on the ground, he tripped and fell hard onto the rough pavement, scraping his knees and arm.

The men saw that he fell and continued to escape. They only needed to bring one of the sons. While the eldest son was preferable, the smaller son is still worth quite a bit of money.

____________________________________

When Xian Zhiqing got back up, he found the men long gone. Before he started blaming himself, he called his parents, informing them of this situation.

When the Xian parents heard this, they were in the party room getting people to hang up balloons and celebration signs while they prepare the presents.

At the news, Mrs. Xian dropped the phone in bewilderment and called for a search in the area their sons were in.

However, they don't know who is backing the kidnappers up as neither them or the police can find a single trace.

The longer time has passed, the wider their search area is, but also weaker the influence. The Xian parents and their eldest son are pressed down with worry as the search went on for longer than a day.

Even so, they expended all effort until they can find Xian Yue.

__________________________________

Meanwhile, the kidnappers, in the 16th car they are driving that day are along rural roads in the countryside.

Xian Yue is thrown to the trunk, tied up with a cloth stuffed into his mouth with his mouth taped shut so he can't spit the cloth out.

Xian Yue found it suffocating being stuck in the trunk with limited oxygen without being able to breath from his mouth. The rumbling of the car tires along rocky roads didn't make it any better.

Even so, he didn't lose the hope that his family would eventually find him.

____________________________________

In the night, they had reached the mountains. It's unsure whether they were reckless or in a hurry to get away, but in a road with barely any cars, they drove quickly without restraint, even driving on both lanes.

Then everything just acted to the wrong timing:

In the night, right at a place where there are no streetlamps in the empty area.

The kidnappers are driving hurriedly to get as far as they can from the east coast.

There happened to be another car that's driving in the opposite direction.

Both cars had both made a rather large turn.......

By the time the kidnappers had seen the other car, it is too late.

While the other car was able to brake in time, the kidnapper's car was not.

With the strong and heavy material the other car is made of, the purposefully run down  car the kidnappers drove crashed into the other car to no avail, and their own car spun and crashed into the rail.

The run down rail could withheld the strong impact and broke apart, and the car broke through the rail, rolling down heavily down the mountainside.

____________________________________

Xian Yue did not know what had happened, he only heard loud crashes and felt the car hitting hard objects. His back had hit the rear trunk of the car, so his breath had been knocked out and couldn't make sense of the situation.

Suddenly, he heard something break behind the car, and he felt the car tilt up...

It fell.

Dropping from the road and now sliding through the expanse of rocks and trees, the front of the car made an especially horrible impact as it had first hit the ground.

It was a miracle how the car did not explode.

Xian Yue was slammed about in the trunk, gaining multiple large and ugly bruises, but the real impact came from the car hitting the ground, where he hit his head against the inside of the car. Blood flowed down his head, covering his eyes, and darkness is all he saw before he lost consciousness.

____________________________________

A few weeks later, Xian Yue woke up after a long coma. A nurse who happened to be there when he awoke yelled for the doctors to come.

After the doctors checked him up to make sure there are no outer wounds, they realized that the young child is too calm for his situation.

"You.... do you know your name?"

Xian Yue's eyes are no longer as bright as they once were. His usually lively and bright golden eyes are dimmer, it's more hazel and brown than gold.

"I....." the answer seemed to be on the tip of his tongue, but he can't answer.

"I...... who am I?"