Chapter 26 - Xian Yue

"............multiple severe bruises..... a few scratches, 2 deep cuts..... sprained ankle... mild concussion....."

In the school doctor's office, a male doctor sat on his stool, muttering the examination results as Lian Sheng stood in front of him, his fist clinched with worry.

"What!?" A female voice sounded out outside the room. Not a second passed as Mrs. Sheng bursted through the open doorway with her husband.

The doctor stood up, walked up to the two and explained what had occurred.

___________________________________

After Tang Ming had beaten Sheng Yue, he quickly left the campus. At the time, most of the students had already left the building.

Perhaps it was a coincidence, one of the few students left in the building was Lian Sheng, who happened to be in charge of wiping the blackboard and the windows.

While cleaning the windows, his view settled on a familiar figure laying still on the grass outside the building.

Without another thought, he put down the cloth he was holding and ran out the door.

Now outside the building, Lian Sheng made his way to Sheng Yue's side.

Examining his injuries, Lian Sheng felt this all was too serious to hesitate. Using his loudest voice, he tried to get someone's attention. But due to the late hour, those who were outside that could've heard his voice were long gone.

'The school doctor usually works till late, maybe I'll find him in the building.'

Lian Sheng quickly found the school doctor, who carried Sheng Yue into his office.

While patching up Sheng Yue's injuries, the doctor called the two's parents, which then led to them coming to the school in a hurry.

Both Mr. and Mrs. Sheng were frantic as they almost bursted through the doctor's doors, leading to the scene right now.

____________________________________

As the doctor explained the situation, Liang Sheng sat by Sheng Yue, worried for his condition as the injuries are definitely not light.

And at this time, the doctor seemed to have received a notification on his computer as he pulled up a screen.

It seemed that he had gotten access over a footage, which shows the place that Sheng Yue had encountered Tang Ming, as well as the whole recording of their conversation.

From Sheng Yue thinking that it was his brother who called him out.....

To Tang Ming confirming Sheng Yue as Lian Sheng's brother.

To the school doctor, it seemed as though this Tang Ming has some sort of grudge with Lian Sheng, which is why he has an enmity with Sheng Yue. So this situation is only at the fault of Tang Ming.

But the Sheng parents had a furious look on their faces, which looks much more intimidating to Lian Sheng, whom their anger is directed at.

The young boy sitting on the stool clenched his fist tightly, his face pale like paper with fear, knowing exactly what his parents believe to be the situation here.

To the Sheng parents, this reaction was akin to him admitting out of guilt.

And that night, sitting of the edge of his bed, there is a bruise the shape of a hand plastered on the side of his face. There the boy sat expressionlessly, not a single drop of tear, but instead, his eyes are dull and empty, as if all hopes and emotions are emptied.