Chapter 18 - Second Year

Summer break soon passed, and the weather started to cool just a little. For the plot line characters, this meant the start of their second year of high school.

The courses are harder compared to when they were first years, but it isn't a problem for the campus grasses to secure their ranks amongst the highest achieving students.

For the first two months, nothing seemed to have changed as compared to when they were first years. The only difference is how all the characters, Lian Sheng, Cheng Yin, Sheng Yue, and Zhang Yi all ended up in the same classes all due to the power of fate. Li Nuo also got put in this classes due to his system's efforts.

This day however, marks the change that would disrupt the peaceful school life as of so far.

Today is the day the new student from abroad, Royce Wrington will arrive.

Though he won't be arriving until lunch....

Right now it's the 10 minute break time after 1st block. Li Nuo, whose seat is beside Lian Sheng's once more awaits with anticipation for the secondary male lead's arrival.

Though, he isn't sure whether Lian Sheng will accept him or not...

Li Nuo, who is lying on his desk turned to look toward Lian Sheng and tapped on the back of his hand.

Lian Sheng put down the pencil in his hand.

"Yes?"

"Say, it's been a while since you and Cheng Yin broke up, are you planning to get into a new relationship soon?" He whispered so others won't hear him.

Li Nuo watched as Lian Sheng paused and thought a little before he answered.

"Probably not, I think I will wait a while longer before finding someone else."

"So what do you look for in your ideal boyfriend?"

Once again, Lian Sheng hesitated as though trying to come up with the perfect answer.

"No matter what kind of personality they have, or unusual hobbies they enjoy, or their background, as long as they will never leave me, I can accept them no matter how they are."

'That's not a problem then.' Li Nuo thought. 'Other than male leads who are destined for their shous, the only other best partner would be the secondary male lead, who are loyal to the point no one else can enter their eyes.'

__________________________________

After second block, lunch starts. Since Royce arrives soon after lunch starts, Li Nuo went and told Lian Sheng he's going to the restroom and left. Then he hides inside and is now secretly observing the situation at hand from inside the school, a place where he can see the whole outside lunch area.

___________________________________

At this time, Royce, who had just left the front office had already been lead around the school to familiarize himself with the surroundings. After hearing about the beautiful and fresh view outside the school cafeteria, he decides to take a look.

When walking into the lunchroom, many girls, and also some boys turned his way, marveling at his looks, and also at how he is one of the few students that's from a foreign country.

Royce continued walking until he reached the door that reaches outside. He slowly pushed the handle and led himself out into the large open space.

A gust of warm air just happened to blow by, combing through Royce's bright golden strands of hair. He lifted one of his hands and pushed it back, exposing his bright blue eyes to the bright sun rays.