Chapter 14 - Period of Peace

When the first year students came back from the weekend, they all found something wrong with the 5 campus grasses of the school: Cheng Yin, Sheng Yue, Lian Sheng, Zhang Yi + Du Yuan/ Li Nuo ( new edition)

The trio in class 2 seems to have some short of conflict as Cheng Yin stopped interacting with the other two, as if they had never known the other to begin with. While the students in the class had tried to question them, they were unable to pry too much into this without feeling awkward .....

Lian Sheng and Li Nuo, whenever questioned simply said 'No comment' with a polite smile on their faces, no matter what is being asked, they gave the same line.

With Cheng Yin, he started hanging out more with his basketball buddies in class, when asked why he's not with the other two anymore, he simply asks 'what do you mean?'

The whole school wondered about this peculiar situation, including the teachers. Weren't the trio so close that they were inseparable? Especially Lian Sheng and Cheng Yin, so what's this situation that they got into?

Another strange event was Cheng Yin, instead of going home with Lian Sheng started going with Sheng Yue everyday. Zhang Yi, who used to walk with Sheng Yue since they live near each other now walks home alone everyday.

The whole school really wanted to know the secret behind this but as if having a tacit understanding, none of the four revealed the slightest hint of the conflict that has incurred within them as to not spark any gossip.

As rumors pass with time, the strange relationship change had been forgotten and accepted as the new normal as the first school year is about to pass.

After the incident, nothing too much had went on, Lian Sheng and Li Nuo grew closer than ever, sharing anytime possible with the other.

Li Nuo was afraid that Lian Sheng would feel sad if he was alone, so he accompanied him whenever possible. After school, before returning home they would go to the library.

Liang Sheng would study with his textbooks and notes, while Li Nuo would sit in front of him, nesting his head on his arms while 'daydreaming' and occasionally make conversation with Lian Sheng.

Li Nuo had found out that Lian Sheng wants to go to a really good university in the future and wants his grades to be at the top and gain many scholarships in order to not to rely on his parents for college fees.

As for what he wants to be, Li Nuo had asked, and Lian Sheng answered that he would like to become a psychologist, the kind that can help direct others to right paths and give them the most needed advice during times of hardship. He wants to go to a good university so he can learn more about psychology and the way minds work, and wants to help others live their lives in a better way.

He understand that this job does not yield as much money as a surgeon or a skilled lawyer, but his purpose is not to make money. He wants to make his life more meaningful, and live the rest of his life without regret.

Li Nuo listened to his plans with patience. He had gotten used to this peaceful school life in this short period of time. He enjoys the not so violent world where he doesn't have to fight and kill so often, and if it were not for the problems he is encountering while trying to direct Lian Sheng to a happy end, he could say that this is the perfect life he wants to live.

After the mission, Li Nuo just wants to find a peaceful job and live the rest of his life in this world without twists and turns, he just wants a normal life.

He can't put too much hopes in that just yet. He has not found a suitable person for Lian Sheng.

Since a while ago, he had given up the idea of getting the protagonists together. While it pains him whenever he thought of how everything had been going well so far, then it all gets destroyed by the appearance of a single outsider, he could not change the fact that no chance exists between the two anymore.

Luckily, there is still one more person that exists as a good boyfriend candidate for Lian Sheng: Royce Wrington. As the secondary male lead, his background is just about as strong as Cheng Yin's. His looks are first class, with slightly long blond hair and ocean blue eyes, like that of an aristocrat in modern clothes. He had even been given the cliche nickname of prince.

Royce first met Lian Sheng when he was alone at lunch, and Cheng Yin just happened to be called away by his basketball coach.

It was love at first sight as Royce lay his eyes upon the protagonist shou with his slightly long and neat hair in the breeze. His dark eyes focused on his books, and his straight and lean posture on the rocky bench in front of the large tree.

This encounter would only occur in the second year of high school, so for now he just needs to keep Lian Sheng company, which he has no complains about since he really do likes being with Lian Sheng as he somehow gives him a warm and fuzzy feeling.

As Li Nuo kept thinking about random things in his head, he did not realize that Lian Sheng had gotten up and packed his things.

Despite it being late, the sun is still out as it's summer.

Lian Sheng raised his hand and lightly tapped on Li Nuo's head.

Li Nuo snapped out of his thoughts and looked up to stare at Lian Sheng.

"I find it amusing how you can face me with your eyes open, but still not aware of of your surroundings. So what are you thinking about?"

As most of the first school year had passed, Lian Sheng had turned from 15 to 16, his features matured a little, losing a little of baby fat, and his height had grown about an inch.

Li Nuo had also grown an inch, as by system's functions, so their height difference had not changed at all.

Li Nuo got up and started packing his things too.

"Nothing much, just about our next school year. I wonder how we did on our exams..."

This isn't a lie. The first years had just finished their end of year exams a few weeks ago, and the top 20 scorers will be posted the next day. As The two are amongst the 5 campus grasses, it would be weird for them to not appear on the list.

With Lian Sheng tutoring Li Nuo in his worst subject: Math everyday either during lunch or after school, he is sure that he will be one of the highest scorers. His memorization skill is almost on the same level as photographic memory!

The two then left the library, walking towards Lian Sheng's home.

This had become a daily routine for them, after finding out Li Nuo's apartment is in the same direction, Lian Sheng felt a little more comfortable asking him to walk home together since the incident.

Ever since Luo Nang arrived into Sheng Yue's body, he stopped trying to interact with Lian Sheng like the previous owner did. He also didn't act like a well behaved and lively child with the Sheng parents anymore, though he still talks to them politely and interact with them time to time. Luo Nang seems to have found that the biggest reason for the Sheng parent's love was for his talents, though because they never treated him maliciously, he doesn't have any plans of exposing them.

This is also why Lian Sheng and Luo Nang didn't have much interactions despite being in the same house.

After walking Lian Sheng back home, Li Nuo waved to him before he disappeared behind the door.

...Like this, the day had ended for two, and they will await for the next day when exam results are posted.

Note: Not much happened in this chapter as this is mostly a time skip from the middle of their first semester as first years to their last.

Also, in case any are curious, the male lead has already been mentioned, not going to say whether or not he has appeared, or how much he had been mentioned, don't want to spoil too much (=^x^=)