Chapter 27 - Xian Yue

"So brother...... he had these emotions the whole time. I never noticed..."
When he thought about it, the more mother and father treated him well and cared for him, the less his brother smiled as he receives less, as if their affection had a definite amount. Once poured all on one person, the other would have none at all.
It was a pity that he did not think much into it.
Perhaps he was used to the constant pampering, perhaps before he lost his memories, his family members spoiled him to the point he never thought about the emotions of others.

But even so.........

It hurt him to think that his brother really did wanted him to be beaten.

If his brother had told him about how he felt, then he! Then he would!....

Then he would what?

Tell his parents to care more for his brother?
But what if he ends up being the one excluded?

And under whose authority can he tell his parents that?
Even now, he was always afraid that once he showed actions and emotions that dissatisfied them, he would become abandoned and looked down upon.
He had listened to his parent's every word, never had he talked back to them. He had been determined to play that role for as long as he could.

And no matter what. He did not purposely wrong his brother in any way. He himself felt wronged that his brother would harm him in this way.

Yes, it was selfishness, but at the same time, he was disappointed at his brother's actions.

____________________________________

After everything passed, the interactions between the two brothers were that of indifference and avoidance.

The two had their own schedules, their own friends. The little interactions they had, had shrunk to none.

Lian Sheng's friends had also decreased. As Tang Ming had been expelled after his parents were called in, which Mr. and Mrs. Sheng's involvement had also played a role.

Due to Tang Ming being Lian Sheng's friend, who is also Sheng Yue's brother, everyone had already believed that Lian Sheng used his friend to sort out greviances with his brother.

They did not understand why the two didn't get along, but they do know that Sheng Yue had never acted cruelly in this way, nor was it right in any way to use a friend like what Lian Sheng had done.

It was also because of this incident that Lian Sheng lost just about all his friends, who believed in all those rumors and left his side, not wanting to end up like Tang Ming.

And in the end, only Zhang Yi was left by his side......

For most of their middle school years, Lian Sheng and Sheng Yue barely interacted, much less talked, despite living in the same home and going to the same school.

One no longer wished to crave for false hope and affections he won't receive.

The other refused to understand the actions of the one who disappointed him, giving in to the words of others and putting aside his beliefs.

____________________________________

During most of middle school, Zhang Yi comforted Lian Sheng with sweet words and care. He provided him with attention, keeping him company for as long as possible.

And Lian Sheng is thankful for his presence, gradually growing accustomed to constantly have the other near him. To the point of becoming fearful of one day losing the other, therefore catering to the other's pursuit.

Lian Sheng did not exactly have any romantic feelings for that childhood friend of his. It was simply a whim of the moment. It was just a belief on his part that if he agreed to what the other had offered, he could truly bind the other to his side.