Chapter 41 - Aftermaths...

While Lian Sheng stayed in the hospital, he and Li Nuo were visited by the police with some questions. According to them, all of the thugs were lying half-unconscious on the muddy ground with no apparent injuries. What's even stranger was that each of them had foam coming out of their mouths a few even pissed their pants.

When the thugs regained consciousness, they screamed out in terror, especially at the sight of Li Nuo. They scrambled over to the officers and pleaded for them to help, spilling out the bloody details of what they had went through.

With these crazed words, the officers felt quite helpless and determined they might have to go to a mental institution...

Though in the end, after these thugs looked themselves over and determined they weren't hurt, they calmed down significantly and answered the police... while in constant fear of Li Nuo, who was asked to leave after the police figured out that he's the object of their fear for some strange and mysterious reason.

It seems they realized that if they were to pursue charges with Li Nuo, not only will it not go through, they might even be retaliated against. Their lives are on the line... QAQ.

So in the end, these thugs were charged with assault and will have to provide compensation and serve some time in prison.

As for Lian Sheng, he had to take some days off from school due to his injuries. Li Nuo on the other hand went back to school so he can write down notes for Lian Sheng. 

During this time, he was inevitably faced with all the malicious rumors Lian Sheng had been subjected to and went furious. 

And Luo Nang found it amusing to fan his flames, which is why he especially made his way to find Li Nuo during lunch.

"Isn't it a great day today, Du Yuan? And I see that you're finally back from your little vacation. By the way, how's Lian Sheng? I have not seen my brother for a while."

Li Nuo, who had been reading the news articles on his phone looked up at the teen's annoyingly exquisite face.

"I always get the feeling that you enjoy seeking trouble." He said sourly. "But you're here just in time."

Li Nuo stood up and faced Luo Nang directly. Despite his relatively short height, he is still able to exude an exceedingly intimidating pressure. 

"Why don't you make this easy for the both of us and just tell me what do you have to gain from all this mess. And don't act like you have nothing to do with this situation. Since protagonists are protected by the world's laws, only characters like you will have the ability to affect them so dramatically."

Luo Nang listened patiently and clapped at the end of Li Nuo's deduction.

"Wow, it's amazing that you figured it out!"

"Cut the cr*p, just get to the point. Why did you do this? Depending on your answer, I might..."

"But, you've gotten one fact wrong." Luo Nang completely ignored Li Nuo's threat.

"?"

Luo Nang wiped away Sheng Yue's usual innocent look. His eyes narrowed slightly and his lips curved deviously.

"Protagonists are indeed protected by the world, and normally, only characters like Sheng Yue who are fated to harm the protagonist will have such abilities. However... that only applies to the protagonists."

"Just think about it, just what gives a protagonist their identity? are they simply born with it? or does it depend on their characteristics? The answer actually is... neither! The world freely assigns this label which determines a person's fate according to their desired outcome. In this world, the desired outcome is for the two protagonists to fall in love and overcome obstacles, then walk the path towards happiness. But now, I'm standing in the original Lian Sheng's position, so how can Lian Sheng still be the protagonist?"

Luo Nang rendered Li Nuo shocked into place.

"Even so, doesn't your actions go against Sheng Yue's wishes?"

"It would, but I never said that I went against it. All that I'm telling you is that Lian Sheng is not as safe as you'd think. I really did not play a hand in this conflict. After all, like you said, I would have nothing to gain from it."

"..."

"I know it's hard to believe but what else can I say?"

"I'll believe you if you clear up the rumors."

"Sure, sure, I'll try~"

"Really?"

"Really."

...

But when Li Nuo turned and left, Luo Nang's face turned devious once more as he waved to the leaving youth.

"Really, it never fails to amuse me with how gullible he can be..."

So currently, the gullible Li Nuo truly believed that Luo Nang did not play a hand in spreading the rumors. But he did at least know the identity of the person who spread them directly, who also instigated those thugs.

Since he knows that there's no way Sheng Zhiqing can be apprehended by using legal means, he decides to deal with him his "own" way.

By force of course...

.

.

.

Sheng Zhiqing, who is currently working in his office felt a cold shiver go down his back.

"Secretary, go turn the A/C off..."

A/N:

typical world hopping story protagonist's way of carrying out revenge on CEOs: render them bankrupt, throw them in jail.

Li Nuo: beat them UP!!!

Also A/N:

Why does everybody hate Luo Nang? I personally really like him QAQ