Chapter 21 - Orb of Light

Today, Li Nuo noticed a peculiar change within the male side character, Zhang Yi.

Li Nuo doesn't pay much attention to him as he had never done anything out of the ordinary. Zhang Yi also rarely interacts with Lian Sheng, in fact, the two pretends to have never known each other, as if they had never spent their childhoods together.

From the last school year to now, Li Nuo had found Zhang Yi with Luo Nang together every moment of the day. At first, Luo Nang didn't seem to mind him. He treated Zhang Yi like a normal friend, as he never bothered him, but as Luo Nang and Cheng Yin started spending more of their times together as they are now in the same class, Luo Nang started to gradually drift from Zhang Yi's side.

Li Nuo doesn't know if Luo Nang had done this purposely. It's possible that he had maintained friendship with Zhang Yi due to the original Sheng Yue's character, but he seemed to have changed his mind as he skillfully broke up their ties without an action out of place.

Li Nuo had also wondered of the relationship between the original Sheng Yue and Zhang Yi, but couldn't find any clues. He didn't try to pry any further since the truth wouldn't change his plans.

At this point, he had thought Luo Nang had completely broken up all relations with Zhang Yi, though this situation completely changed his views.

___________________________________

His system had informed him of a one on one meeting between Luo Nang and Zhang Yi.

Since Cheng Yin isn't there, Li Nuo thought there must be something major going on, or else Luo Nang wouldn't shake off his clingy lover who follows him all throughout school.

Once again, something is unfolding in the area behind school. Since the plot of land is covered with trees, this is a good place to hide. Especially for Li Nuo who hid on top of a tree,

He isn't sure whether Luo Nang had his system turn on the detection function, but just in case, the tree he is sitting upon stands many meters high. He doubt Luo Nang's system's detection will reach that high up.

Li Nuo made himself comfortable on the long branch, then he took off his backpack and from within, he took out a binocular.

Leaning forward, Li Nuo grasped the edge of the branch in one hand, and the binocular in another.

Two figures soon came into focus.

With Li Nuo's enhanced hearing as a cultivator, and the system's help, he is able to make sense what they were saying.

__________________________________

On the ground......

"Sheng Yue, I will be direct." Zhang Yi started. "Do you still think of me as a friend?"

Luo Nang smirked at this and replied:

"This should be what I ask you."

Zhang Yi's face revealed a hint of nervousness.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

Luo Nang gave Zhang Yi a look that seems to be saying 'why are you still trying to hide it?'
Zhang Yi ignored the look as he waited for Luo Nang's answer.

"Well, since you won't come out and say it, I'll answer it in your place then."

Luo Nang took in a light breath and started:

"I know you have feelings for me."

Luo Nang said this so bluntly that Zhang Yi flinched.

"No, I —"