Chapter 39 : Madam Is Going To Give Birth

It had been 10 days since Yusheng left for the East border. Each day had been painful for him. Only by thinking of his wife who might be eagerly waiting for him could get him going. Ahh... He missed Su Ying.

Yusheng made sure to spend the minimum amount of time in resting these days. If possible, he might have actually moved forward without a break but sadly their horses had a limit.

It was the 10th day. Yusheng had been moving forward along with others when they suddenly saw someone moving towards them fastly in a horse. That person hastily got down the horse and saluted Yusheng and the Wen Zhao beside him.

The clumsy person in front of them was Xiao Pang. Despite being clumsy and a bit silly, he was actually one of the loyalest person to Yusheng.

Xiao Pang had lost his parents at the age of eight. When he was about to die from hunger, the seventeen year old Yusheng had taken him in and given him a new life.

At that time, Xiao Pang had looked at Yusheng with utmost respect and admiration and had cried out like a chick, "Dad!" If not for Yusheng's gaze that seemed to want to kill him back then, Xiao Pang might have actually continued to call him that and follow him around like a baby chick.

Despite his average skills, Xiao Pang actually has scary intuitions. His intuitions are always right.

The East border was under Yusheng's command. Before, he had to hastily go to the capital due to the Imperial edict. At that time, he thought he would come back here soon so he didn't take Xiao Pang back with him. But who would have known that he would fall in love with his wife and would he inseparable from him?!?

Xiao Pang looked at Yusheng with tears in his eyes, "Brother Yusheng! I've been waiting for you for so long! Did you forget about me?!?"

Yusheng didn't look at Xiao Pang in the eye. He indeed forgot about him. Can't be helped. He is a family man now. No time to remember others.

"Don't talk about those things at this moment. Tell me, what are you doing here?" Yusheng said to ignore the topic.

Xiao Pang excitedly said, "Ohh... I almost forgot about that. Brother Yusheng, Colonel Wang sent me with some news.

5 days ago, we managed to capture one of the leaders of the rebels. Colonel Wang interrogated him but that guy refused to say anything. So Colonel Wang decided to have a one on one 'friendly discussion' with him.

After that, the guy blurted out many things! Some of them are shocking to the point of me pissing in my pants right now!!!"

Wen Zhao snorted. "Aren't the rebels too weak willed? Blurting out their secrets like that? Well, considering their purpose of rebellion, no wonder they are like that."

Yes, the rebels are even more weak willed than Wen Zhao, who cries out even when Wu Jiayi teases him just a little.

Opps! I leaked out someone's bedroom secret!

Yusheng frowned. "Just tell me what that rebel said."

Xiao Pang nodded and repeated everything.

Apparently, from what the rebel said, their main purpose was never the invasion of the East border. Their target was actually the Crown Prince. According to what he had heard, there was actually someone of power who was supporting them and had planned the current incident. While the small leaders of the rebels came to the East border to pretend to invade, the stronger ones went to the 'X' city to assassinate the Crown Prince. They had also tried to assassinate the Crown Prince previously but failed due to Yusheng's intervention.

That was all they could get from the rebel. The captured rebel was a small leader so that was all he knew.

"Brother Yusheng, Colonel Wang said that they'll be able to deal with rebels very soon as the rebels aren't that strong. He told me to tell you to go help the Crown Prince!" Xiao Pang said.