Chapter 34 : Poison And Punishment

A/N~~: I suggest everyone to leave their common sense by the Danming Lake before reading this chapter.

Su Ying was giving Fu Gui some advice on life and stuff when Fang Zhi came back with food. Fang Zhi bought peach cake, sachima, nuts and etc other stuff along with some tea.

Su Ying who was hungry immediately wanted to jump into eating. But he stopped when he saw Fang Zhi's expression not being right.

"What's wrong, Fang Zhi?"

"No... It's just that... Well... Nothing really, master." Fang Zhi shook her head and then smiled.

Su Ying raised his eyebrow. "If you say so." Then he motioned for Fang Zhi to serve them.

Su Ying ate the food as he said, "Bao Bao finally calmed down. Baby was kicking me so hard for food ah."

Everyone,"......" Your child is an even bigger foodie than you?

Bao Bao,"......." I'm not even born yet but my reputation has already been tainted by my own mother.

Su Ying was about to take a sip of tea when he suddenly had a bad premonition... A very bad one. Like someone squeezed his heart very hard.

As if to confirm his bad premonition, his baby kicked him in a way that kind of hurt. It should be mentioned that Su Ying's baby was already very considerate even though he wasn't born yet. His movements were a bit uncomfortable but very rarely did it hurt.

Su Ying put the cup down and asked Fang Zhi,
"Fang Zhi... Did something unusual happen on your way to the kitchen?"

"Something did happen, master. The guards didn't let me enter the kitchen. Maybe because I'm of low class. They said that the Empress ordered that since the Emperor's food will be cooked there. But I think it should be alright. We bought the snacks from home. Even the ingredients for tea are brought by us. They only made the tea. There shouldn't be any problem."

Su Ying sighed as he looked at Gu Rong and asked him to let the physician Yusheng hired for him to accompany him test the tea. Fang Zhi immediately became worried but she waited for the result to come out.

The young physician tested the tea and frowned when he saw the result. He lightly bowed to Su Ying and said, "Madam, there indeed is poison in this tea. It's a type of abortifacient that can cause miscarriage in late trimesters of pregnancy by killing the fetus in their mother's womb. This type of abortifacient can also make the consumer infertile."

Su Ying's face paled as his heart went cold. He subconsciously repeatedly rubbed his abdomen. He only thanked his premonitions and didn't dare think about the consequences.

Fu Gui held his hand and worriedly asked, "Su Ying, are you alright?"

Su Ying snapped out of his thoughts and tried to show a faint smile but failed.

"I'm... I'm fine. Gu Rong, see if the snacks are okay..."

Gu Rong nodded. The physician tested the snacks and found that they were okay. Su Ying sighed out of relieve when he heard that.

Fang Zhi was unable to hold her tears. She cried as she said,

"Master, it's all my fault. I... I should have been more careful... If you... If you really would have drank the tea... I... Please... Please punish me..."

"It's not your fault, Fang Zhi. I know that. You were already careful enough. What happened...is something none of us ever expected...

Nothing went wrong... So... It's okay, Fang Zhi. Don't blame yourself."