Chapter 47 : Chen XiaoLin And Qin JingHuan

A/N~~: Promised chapter! This is the longest ever chapter I have written till now. Took me about two hours to write and an hour to edit this.

(Qin JingHuan is the current emperor's name. This chapter doesn't include our main characters. Rather it is about the Emperor and his connection with Chen XiaoLin, Yusheng's mother. It can be considered an important backstory and starting point of everything.)

⚠ Warning ⚠: Mention of suicide.

The previous Emperor's regimen wasn't that peaceful. Many had become dissatisfied with the royals. Especially the commoners.

Qin JingHuan wasn't the Empress's son. He was the third prince and was born from a consort of quite a low position. He absolutely hated what the royals were doing. The slave tradition disgusted him.

But he knew that none of his brothers cared that much about those things. So he knew that unless he was the one to sit on that throne, their empire would soon meet its ruin.

Some people are really born to be the Emperor. JingHuan was also one of them. Despite his status being lower than many of his brothers, no one could shine as brightly as him. He was talented and caught the attention of anyone who saw him. Even the citizens who were disappointed in the royals had a tiny clover of hope in their heart just because of him.

JingHuan always worked hard. He worked day and night so that he could accumulate the favor of others and shorten the distance between his brothers and him which was there due to their difference in status.

One day, he decided to take a disguise and attend the festival going around the capital. It was then when he met Chen XiaoLin...

While he was walking around the festival, a shopkeeper suddenly held him and blamed him for stealing something from his shop. JingHuan was kind of flustered. He didn't know how to deal with that situation.

Just then, a beautiful youth came and saved him. He said,

"Uncle Pan, you always do this to new people. Just because he's a new face, you can't deceive him and blame him for stealing something he didn't. Now now... Apologize please."

"Gongzi... It's you again. It's the sixth time in this month you've done this."

"Why wouldn't I do this ba? You're doing something wrong. Now... Apologize to this gongzi like a good uncle."

The shopkeeper mumbled to himself in annoyance before apologizing and leaving angrily.

The youth finally looked at JingHuan. He smiled as he said,

"Please forgive him. Although he does things like that, he isn't that bad of a person. He was just trying to fluster you by doing so as you seem to be new at this place. It's easy to be cheated here. So... If you don't mind, I can show you around."

JingHuan said hesitatingly, "Is that okay?"

The youth nodded. "Hmm... It's really okay. I'm called Chen XiaoLin. Can I have your name?"

"Hu...Huan..."

"Huan-ge then... Nice to meet you Huan-ge!"

It was probably at that time... When JingHuan knew that his heart had been taken. Chen XiaoLin... His smile was so dazzling... So pure... He had never seen such a person.

Each and every human he had met in his life were corrupted. Even he himself was one of them. Chen XiaoLin seemed to be the only pure white rose in the garden. He was kind and gentle. His smile touched his heart and made him at ease.

JingHuan had asked XiaoLin whether they could meet again, to which XiaoLin gave his approval. Since then, the two of them would meet up at least once a week.