Automaton

Huzaifah POV:

"Assalamu Alaikum, Hawa. Take care!" I waved at Hawa, giving her a last peck on the cheek before hopping inside my car stressfully, ready to head to med school. I ignited my car and instantly began heading towards my appointed destination, blasting one of the Qari's voices loudly through the radio, trying to soothe my already stressed up mind. Why was there so much to practice and study in med school? What did dad even see in this particular career?

Dad's sudden messages began vibrating through my phone with pings of notifications and I scrambled to text him back.

Dad: Remember to attend the hospital. Investigate the Automaton case on my behalf. Kings orders... and mines as well.

Me: Got to attend my lectures. Sorry!😑

Dad: Do u want to go to jail? King's orders! Ur spared from ur classes today. I'll talk to him.

Me: U talk with the king?😲

Dad: He's a doctor as well, I've met him a few times. One of my colleagues.

Me: Woah... ur honoured.

-Dad: There's nothing special about him. He looks just like any other human-being out there 🙄 only that he reigns the entire kingdom and half the world... well most of it. Yes, I am honoured jazakallah!🤧

The loud train of honks behind me had abruptly awakened me snapping me out of my daze. I suddenly remembered that I was driving... well not anymore since now I was texting furiously with both hands and sitting on the road in front of a green light staring at dad's popping texts.

Crap, not this mistake again!

Couldn't these people see I was texting my dad, the gate to my paradise? Oh yeah, my windows were up... they couldn't see. Some people just never understood anything!

At least, I was fulfilling my rights as a son, texting my parents before valuing the drivers at the back who were publicly blowing up like they were pieces of volcanoes themselves. I mean... you gotta have patience, it's not like the world is ending anytime soon.

Dad: Huzaifah, you there?

Me: Sorry dad, got some angry drivers at the back. Some just don't understand the meaning of texting your dad.😑

Fumming, I immediately took control of the steering wheel before the police force could race here and hand me a parking ticket in the middle of the road. These days, even the police did not understand the importance of parents and texting!

Last time, in my home country when I tried to point this simple fact out to the police, they just simply shoke their heads with their arms crossed over their chest like they were wasting their precious time looking at a huge big idiot. Well, whatever. They weren't even muslim anyways, they won't understand the concept of text loving your parents in the middle of the road. I mean isn't it a blessing your dad texted?

Dad: Don't tell me u stopped in the middle of the traffic road, parked and began texting me.😑 I raised you better.

Me: Exactly what u just said.😁Ur truly a mind reader. Thanks for raising me, all loves to u dad. Here's a bunch of kisses!😘😘😘😘😘😘 

Dad: I am not a mind reader, son.🙄 That's what happened last time... u began texting ur mom after parking in front of a green light. 🙄😑 Very stupid idea, because I had to pay the penalty for that remember?😤I am not paying this time!

Oh, how embarrassing, dad was there!

Now, I was multitasking, taking control of the wheel and thumping my phone at the same time while I changed my destination, rounding my car to one of dad's towering hospitals where the automaton case was being held.