Teaching

Safoora POV:

Huzaifah walked in our class nervously, his hood down without him even realizing leaving his dark green turban in the view. His eyes held annoyance as he searched for me in the enormous  horde of students. His eyes eventually perched on mines and I smirked at him and he clearly knew that too.

Huzaifah knew me very well as an older brother, knowing that I was the one who hurled all the objects at his face because my aiming skills was just famously astonishing. Ok fine, Hawa also knew because she was my bestfriend after all and surprisingly she shot me an impressed grin from underneath her niqab.

I crumpled up a few other papers and threw at my main target, my brother again. He instantly turned around and caught all of them leaving all the girls in my class gasping. Well, I wasn't shocked because he was the one who taught me how to have an unswerving aim and I knew his talented skills very well. He was a hufaaz and a hufaaz were gifted people, whether they knew it or not.

Huzaifah squinted his eyes at me in anger, and turned around to find his designated seat. Yeah, I was probably embarassing him too much. I should stop... But, what can I say? I missed my brother so much. 

"Saff .... ooora!" He yelled, taking a seat beside Hawa. Well not literally beside her, they were a meter apart. We all were, because the teacher never wanted us talking in class and it also kept us from whispering in each others ears and passing notes during the midst of class.

My brother was the calm type of older brother, who would scream at me if he had too but never get others involved in our problem.

"My name is Safoora!" I teased, "Not Saff... ooora." I mimicked him. He never called me Safoora in his life, it was always 'Saff'. I knew him really well, he was struggling to remember my real name, and I internally laughed at the face he was making. I was probably going to recieve a smack from him if I bursted out laughing. All the girls gasped looking at me horrified, probably guessing Huzaifah will take me to the office and get me in trouble. Technically, no one knew we were siblings, not even my best friend Hawa. We were anonymous to the world. A secret!

'Rule number one' My mother said before we even started school. "Never tell your friends you have a siblings in the school nor tell your sibling about your friends, otherwise you both are married off. This is no jokes!" This was the same lecture again and again every single break.

"Safoora, Come here now!" Huzaifah yelled angrily, hurling me out of my thoughts. "I want your sabaq!" Yup, that was just an excuse to scream at me because he was fuming right now,  and all he wanted to do was smack some sense into me. 

Hawa shrugged giving me a sympathetic look and I shot back a geniune smile letting her now that I'll be fine.

I lazily walked up to my brother and sat in front of him giving him my Quran while Hawa called out to another students for their lesson. The class was now normally resumed and everyone was in their own world minding their own business. 

"I see the fumes of anger slithering from your ears and evaporating like a pressure cooker." I said dramatically, trying to sound like a poet. 

"You don't know how mad I am right now." Huzaifah hissed."But seriously a pressure cooker, that's all you could come up with?"

"Well that's the first thing that popped in my mind when I saw your face." I admitted, making him smile for the first time. 

"It's okay let the fumes of anger out." I said with the same dramatic tone.

"I'm still mad at you." He opened my Quran a little harshly and took out his pen prepared to mark my mistakes, trying to act mad with me.

"Fine be a grumpy old bro," I mumbled, rolling my eyes. Huzaifah suddenly gave me the glare to shut my mouth and start. I rolled my eyes again, and began reading my chapter all over again to him. "Fine I'll just start. I seriously don't understand why you want to listen to the same lesson all over again."