Panic

Safoora POV:

I trudged in the room sleepily after my long troublesome day. The lights were dimmed due to of Hawa's lamp which was shooting some gloomy ambience around. 

 Wearily, I slumped on my bed and crawled tiredly up to nighstand setting my Quran there gently. Phew, relaxation at last! 

I untied my Niqab quickly, slumping back down on my bed and peacefully closing my eyes. "Hawa, you awake?" I asked tiredly, opening my eyes again staring at the dark silheotte sitting across the room.

"Mhmm." She answered. The air felt gloomy and tense, the lights were dark and everything just seemed so off. 

"How was school?" I asked tiredly.

"Mhnmm." She mumbled, "Fine I guess."

"Aren't you going to explain?" 

"Mhmm," My eyes had finally adjusted to the darkness, and I was able to line Hawa leaning against her window looking out at the pitch fogged darkness. She was zoned out to her world which only meant... something was wrong. The cresent moon shone down brightly, making a little pool of bleary silver in our room. 

"What's wrong?" I asked boredly. 

"Mhmm."

"Come on... What's wrong? I know something happened.... did you get bullied in school?" I tried studying her expression from afar, propping my elbow on the bed and resting my hand on my palm. Something definitely happened, I just knew it.

Hawa simply shoke her head, not making eye contact.

"Wait, when did you come back from your... erm..  whatever you were doing with Huzaifah?" I rolled my eyes carelessly. 

"I didn't stay there much long." She simply stated. The breeze swept in from the window playing with the curtain and her hair sending her tendrils sway back and forth.

"Huzaifah has done something right?" I asked calmly, raising my eyebrow. I shot up to survey at her face closely in the pitched darkness. She just shrugged. 

"You can tell me. It's not great to bottle things up inside you." I murmured softly, sitting on her bed and placing my hand on hers. Something definitely happened between her and Huzaifah. That guy always had some stupid jokes bottled inside of him, always ready to spill at the tip of his tongue. He couldn't comprehend that people had feelings and they were sometimes bruised due to his stupid lame jokes or... let's just conclude that maybe, boys simply didn't even have something called 'feelings'. 

"Of course, he has done something. May I use your tablet?" I asked politely, stomping on my raging temper ready to explode. Anger scorched in my head like a rising volcano, my brother had no right to go to my friends and mess with them. I mean his friends like Adam were all fools just like him. Okay, boys were all fools let's just keep it to that!

I pounced on her bed, snatching her tablet without a warning and went through her contact swiftly. My eyes scanned for one famous name, Huzaifah. I stabbed the screen when his name  popped up in her contacts and it was dialing speedily without any trouble.  

Huzaifah's grinning face popped up immediately. Idiot!

"Hey, Hawa, I am really sor--" He started. 

"You idiot!" I screamed. "That's it, I am telling Mom." 

"Mom?" Hawa questioned quizically. My anger evaporated as soon as I realized that Hawa was in the room. Crap, she can't find out he's my brother!

"I mean Huzaifah, I am telling your Mom tomorrow just wait. You'll get your ass kicked." I yelled at him angrily. 

"Language!" They both yelled grumpily together in unison. I rolled my eyes and ended Huzaifah's call leaving him hanging. I'll anyways be seeing him tomorrow at home.