Home

Abu Hurairah POV:

"Dad, bye. Assalamu alaikum!" I yelled hurriedly, stumbling down the stairs as I headed towards the door with my backpack slinging from my shoulders, and a bottle of apple juice in hand. 

"Where are you going?" Dad shrieked groggily in his PJ's, quickly staggering towards the staircase to take a glimpse of me from the top. 

"Class." I mumbled, crouching down and struggling with my shoelaces with annoyance. The fresh morning daylight streamed in through the door's glass panels lightening my mood a little.

"This early?" Dad rubbed his eyes, trying to remove the weariness from his eyes. 

"Umm... I was going to see Safoora first, and then head out."

Dad grinned. "Yeah okay, have a great time insha-allah!"

I unbolted the front door permitting the restrained early light of dawn pool in the house, the sun sloping up in the near horizon. "Yeah, Assalamu alaikum. Take care!" I greeted, stepping my left foot out of the door as I glanced back at my fatigued father one last time. The soothing summer breeze and early morning bird songs drifted with the flow of air creating a space of tranquility. I was clad in a dark blue and black stripped shirt buttoned up with jeans, and I was grateful that I stupidly never topped everything off with a jacket. I was pretty sure the weather was going to deepen the temperature as the day unravelled. 

"Walaikum assalam, drive slowly. k?" Dad yelled back from the top of the stairs. 

"Yeah, I will." I shut the door heading towards my car in a hurry. 

Getting in the quiet abode of my vehicle, I started the engine, and let it heat up for few seconds as my thoughts wandered off. I didn't know how to approach Safoora; what do I even tell her now that she's awake and oblivious to her surroundings?

Getting a grip over my stirring wheel, I wheeled out of the drive away and zoomed towards the hopital. There was an hour before class commenced, and I had resolved a decision to visit Safoora on my way. I didn't know how she'd react, but I hoped she'd welcome me unlike our previous complicated encounters. 

Upon my arrival, I dashed down the hospital halls, my eyes scanning the door numbers one by one before I hurriedly trudged in to see her with a delicate crimison rose in my hand. I didn't know if she'd appreciate a rose, or would just simply discard it in the garbage. Don't blame me, feminine species are just a bit too peculiar according to my discovery through years of observation. 

"Safoora--" I greeted, my eyes darting around to meet her emerald ones. 

"Get out!" She screamed at once, a green magazine swiveling in my direction and greeting me right in the face. Oh great, I came unannounced!

I quickly made it to the front of the door and knocked like gentlemen. "May I enter, M'lady?" 

"Of course not," She narrowed her eyes, her long hair tied in a high pony tail as she wore one of her red and black stripped flannels that made her look a lot more gorgeous than she already was. Her other half of body was concealed with her white hospital blanket, and she tried to hide herself even more with it even.

"Please?"

 "Hmm... should I allow an unauthorized man in this room?" She rubbed he chin dramatically with a serious face. 

I rolled my eyes. 

"ID?" She asked in a cold voice. 

"Safoora's husband."

"Yeah, that ain't gonna work." She grumbled, shaking her head, her ponytail swishing along with her.  "But, if that is really true... you may enter in one condition by adhering to something called personal space."