Working

Abu Hurairah:

"It's a stupid family secret that I literally don't care about," I sighed. "But... If you tell anyone, you're dead." I clarified, making a killing motion over my neck. I was expecting him to bombard me with questions like 'your sister is your biggest secret, are you serious man?' or something closer to that, but his expression was completely unexpected. Neutral.

"Your secret is safe with me!" He grinned, trying to recover from the shock with a smile. "So why are you here again?"  

Wow, that was way easier than I expected. 

We walked silently down the vast halls making our way towards the school library, our feets pattering on the tiled floor. The school was dead empty with no trace of students wandering here and there, everything was pitch silent. 

"To babysit you two." I said flatly as if I was the senior when it was the other way around.

"What about your evening hifz class?"

"Speaking of classes, here is the note from Moulana Anas." I said, handing the paper to him. 

Huzaifah scanned through it and gave me a glare. "More like I gotta babysit you." He muttered with boredom.

"Are you two always bickering?" My sister spoke up from my side for the first time. Yup, we were always!

We finally arrived at the library, making our way towards one of the tables and each of us taking a seat. "Yup, that's the only thing that keeps Father of Cat's alive." Huzaifah smirked at my direction.

"For once I gotta admit you are right." I admitted, slumping lazily down on my chair. 

"Father of Cat?" Hawa asked confused.

"He got nicknames for everyone. By the way, I don't even know why mom and dad named me Abu Hurairah, it freaking means Father of Cats in Arabic." I sighed angrily, rolling my eyes. "And he's using that against me."

"Because Abu Hurairah was one of the excellent companion of Prophet Muhammad. He had the zeal and memory to remember every single small sayings of the prophet." Huzaifah confirmed, "Did you know that whoever you are named after, you get one of their qualities? Like for instance, you must have at least one of the qualities of Abu Hurairah (R.A)?"

"Me?" I asked incredolously. "I've got nothing."

"His memory is amazing, he memorizes around five pages everyday. This guy is god damn blessed." Hawa huffed with jealousy lacing her voice. 

"I think you guys should get started, time is always ticking." I eyed the clock on the wall.

I watched as the both of them scrambled quickly to take out their stuff and started talking animatedly about their project. Wow, Huzaifah was actually right about school, it was so uninteresting-- it was like as if they were speaking gibberish. Or maybe I was only feeling uninterested because I skipped school for almost about two to three years because of my hifz. 

"Father of Cats practice your sabaq, I don't want to get in trouble for you." Huzaifah scolded noticing me staring at him and Hawa. Yes, I was a bit distracted, cause at the moment... I was imagining myself recieving the biggest wrath from my parents for spilling out one of their biggest secrets. I never understood how my sister was suppose to be a secret. Stupid rules!

"Fine grandpa," I rolled my eyes as I opened my Quran reading loudly as possible causing both of them to wince and stick their fingers in their ear.

"My poor eardrums," Huzaifah muttered in pain. 

"In the corner now!" Hawa grumbled, while Huzaifah threw his notebook at my face, shutting me up.