Dissent

Hawa POV:

"I think we should stop with this water work." I chuckled, breaking from the emotional embrace with Safoora. "Let's go inside before people start thinking something died."

Safoora nodded and wiped her eyes with a tiny reassured smile. She looked so much more fragile, depressed and weak now compared to the strong girl who first got married to my brother. Instead of living her life to the fullest,  she was looking for ways to escape it.

Speechlessly, I guided Safoora towards my house and up into the cozy living room ours. "Make yourself at home." I told her with a geniune smile, understanding that she didn't want to talk about her complications.

Safoora nodded and slumped on one of the couches, hugging her knees as she buried her head between them. "I don't wanna go back to your brother." Safoora whispered with a broken muffled voice. 

"Hurairah did something, didn't he?" I grumbled with annoyance, sitting beside her on the couch and giving her a heartening side-hug. "Don't deny it Safoora?"

"I just don't wanna face him anymore. I wanna go home, please to mom and dad... until then I want to stay here." Safoora sighed painfully, her head still buried between her knees. "He's better off without me."

"Are you sure?"

She nodded. "Yeah,"

"Are you actually better off without him?" I repeated again faintly.

She sighed, looking at me with a thin harrowed smile. "Sometimes, letting things go for the satisfaction of others... is better than holding on."

"You love him, don't you?" I asked her, raising my eyebrow. "I mean when does Safoora cry for some guy... although he's been your husband for about a year almost--"

Safoora's cheeks flushed up immediately and she hid her head between her knees again. "I told you, I don't wanna talk about it."

"Did you try talking to him about your feelings?"

"He's not ready to hear it and he made it pretty clear that he's not happy with me and he doesn't like me--"

"He said that?" I asked with disbelief, widening my eyes. For one thing, I was pretty sure Abu Hurairah never used the sentence 'I don't like you' or the word 'hate' unless the individual had commited some serious crimes or aggravated him in some ways. 

"Pretty much--" She paused mid-sentence to look at me with narrowed eyes, "Wait a sec, I'm not even supposed to tell you anything because you probably have a thermometer planted in your head and it might explode anytime because of your stress levels and take you to the hospital. Miscarriage is the last thing I want."

I rolled my eyes, "I can take this much stress. I can't let you suffer all by yourself."

She frowned, "I want my twins. Don't bring my nephews or nieces in our problems. They deserve a peaceful life!"

I chuckled, "Your twins? You gotta try harder with Hurairah then, to produce a replica of yourse--" 

Safoora furiously chucked a cushion at me. "Don't even complete the sentence, me and him are over!" 

"Fine, I won't." I laughed hysterically at her flushed face. "Are you sure, you can stay without your beloved husband for one night?" I teased with a laugh.

Safoora rolled her eyes in vexation, "We have separate rooms. Of course I can!"

I cheered happily, pumping my fist in the air. "You don't know how happy I am to have you over but it's a bummer... Hurairah is going to be all alone. R.I.P dear brother!"