Apologize

Hawa POV: 

After revising my dour, I quickly changed into my abaya and hijab and swiftly tied my niqab around my head. The sun was already at it's highest peak reminding us that we had school early in the morning. Safoora had already left for her class, she was always punctual when it came to hifz. In fact, she went their few minutes early after reciting her new sabaq and dour to me in the morning.

I slung my backpack over my shoulder and strided towards my school campus. The sun was glazing brightly against the baby blue sky, blinding my eyes with it's powerful light. I quickly shielded my eyes with my hands trying my best to quicken my steps to reach school and take shelter in class. You know the time when the sun is too hot and tries to fry you up and blind you down with it's light in a way, yeah that's what I was facing right now.

I fastened my pace and entered the glass walled building also known as my school. I slid myself swiftly through the slippery smooth tiles and reached my class. 

DING!

Wow. For the first time I made it on time-- literally on time. Yes!

I quickly reached my desk and plopped myself onto my chair, before the teacher could assume I was doing some weird dance in the middle of the class. The sun rays kissed me through the tall glass windows brightening the entire class. The ceilings of our class were really high, and the school almost reminded me of an university. 

"Assala mualiakum class." Ms. Abad hollered loudly with no hint of smile on her face, a forced daily routine of hers. In the first few days, she plastered a fake smile, but it soon faded slowly as days sped away. "I hope you guys all know that today you are going to be meeting up with your families. So, I didn't want to stress you guys out, so I thought youcould just use this period for your group project. After thirty minutes, I will be coming to each one of your desk asking for what you have discussed. You must be done figuring at least something out by the end of the class. Understood?" We all nodded our heads lazily in agreement. 

I glanced at Huzaifah's hooded figure in the first row of the class, he was looking down at his tablet and lazily swiping away with his surpace pen as Ms. Abad talked. 

"You guys can use this period and go to your partners desks and work with them." She lectured, instantly plopping herself down on her chair and minding her own business. The class soon turned from pin drop silence to a roaring crowd, each one of us voicing our opinions loudly to one another. The chairs screeched as students got up to sit with their partners and plan away. 

Ashadiyah turned around in her chair and faced me looking at me with disgust. "Wow, you have no one to work with, such a loner." She cracked up while her minions started laughing alongside her while I just rolled my eyes. Talking to her meant to only start a fight. So, the best thing I could do was ignore.  

"What? Got nothing to say?" Ashadiyah sneered. I continued ignoring her minding my own business, and pretending to work away on my tablet. "Hey bitch, don't ignore me!"  She took her heavy bag ready to aim at my face, my eyes unconciously widened in fear at her sudden movement. 

"Excuse me, uh do you mind if I sit here. You can take my seat it's beside your partner Adam." Huzaifah said out of the blue with a hard tone, looking at the wall rather than Ashadiyah. 

"And who are you, this bitches boyfriend?" She sneered throwing her bag down on the floor in anger. I felt my cheeks burning. I felt extremely uneasy and embarrased. I didn't want anyone to see me like this, so vulnerable. 

"Excuse me. Do you want me to call the teacher for your innapropriate attitude and false accusation?" He forced his gaze on her menacingly, narrowing his eyes threateningly on her with his arms crossed over his chest. I had never seen this side of him; he was always funny and cheerful, never rude to anyone in class. Never have I thought he could kill people with looks.