Last time

Hawa POV:

The daylight of noon streamed through the kitchen window setting the room alight. I hurriedly paced around, grabbing the required ingredients-- a few eggs, butter, and milk-- and fusing the mixture under medium speed. "Man, these days it's getting so hot!" I groaned to Anabia, who had come over to visit me for a day on her honeymoon vacation.

"I know. How do you even live here?" Anabia fanned herself frantically with a magazine. A magazine that had the king's face on it with the bold words 'His Majesty'. 

"Safoora, can you please turn on the AC." I yelled across the room to my sister-in-law. 

"Yeah, on it!" Safoora cried back. 

"Well, it's equally hot back home in the summer, so it's basically the same thing." I groaned, struggling to open the tight kitchen window with my flour covered hands.

"Here, let me help." Anabia opened the window for me with glee. "So, whatcha making?" She leaned over to glance at my messy handiwork.

"Cake."

"What kinda cake?"

"Lemon pound cake." I sighed with exhaustion, adding cups of flours to my batter.

"Darling, is it because I'm here that working yourself over?" Anabia tooted, clicking her tongue against her palate.

"No, it's because everyone loves cake that's why." I smiled, mixing the batter with a hand-mixing machine.

"Mamma," Tiny arms instantly wrapped themselves around my leg, and I was bound to look down. Harun had crawled all the way from the living room staring adorably at me, his eye begging me to carry his tiny frame. With a pleading whimper, he bounced up and down in his seating position and extended his his arms out for me to carry him, throwing his head back.

"Oh dear," I groaned, falling for my son's cuteness and immediately picking him up with my flour covered arms. "Aren't you an adorable little thing?" I cooed, nuzzling my nose on his with an additional kiss on his cheek.

Harun pressed his nose on mine with both his tiny hands on my cheeks and giggled adorably. "Mamma!" He yelled, opening his mouth wide and pressing it on my cheeks in an attempt of a kiss.

"I love you too, baby." I laughed, returning his kiss. "So much!"

"Aww, he's so adorable. My turn Hawa." Anabia grabbed my son from me and kissed his cheeks, pinching them. 

Sucking his thumb, Harun observed her with his brown doe eyes that he inherited from Huzaifah. Unlike Musa, Harun was a tranquil boy of mine. He hated putting up fights. Even if a kidnapper were to deport him away, he'd just observe his tactics with curiousity and a permit him to carry on with their personal business. Musa, on the other hand, was a fiery boy. He likes everything on fire, from his house to his parents driving them insane.

"Where's your twin, munchkins?" Anabia asked Harun in her annoyingly screechy baby voice patting his soft cheeks. Haruns gaze immediately diverted and landed on Musa who was across the dining table and down in the living room clapping his hands to the TV. Musa was set in his walker, watching his favourite show with his bottle of juice on his lips.

"Whatever you do Anabia, do not carry Musa. He's going to throw a tantrum." I warned my friend, stuffing in the pan of batter in the oven and turning it on.

"Which one's Musa? I can't tell the difference sis, they both look the same." 

"Yeah people say that, but you'll eventually get the hang of it if you come over often."