Merciless

Warning: May contain extreme violence!

Safoora POV:

I breathed heavily as panic rose in my chest like high tides, I glared at Adam. Adam smirked poisonously, his lips and eyes taunting my weakness. I closed my eyes tiredly, why was I so frail right now?

"Fine I'm going." I hissed under gnashed teeth, closing my eyes. "Assalamu alaikum, Huzaifah."

"Walaikum assalam, reach home safe okay!" Huzaifah whispered softly.

Without looking back, I hastened my speed across the pavement towards my school gate, trying to run away from Adam as quickly as possible. I didn't want him near, nor did I want to see his face or hear his threatening words. I wanted him to disappear and lose his sight in the midst of the crowd. 

"Safoora wait up!" Adam called as I stumbled in the school building that blasted with music. His voice muffled with the crowd and carried away with the rest of the loud sinful noises. 

"Nope," I hissed stubbornly, shoving my way past the students as fast as I could. All I wanted was too lose sight of him!

"Safoora, why are you avoiding me?" I felt him cease me by the arm forcefully making me come to halt.

"Don't touch me!" I glared, gritting my teeth. "I hate you period, get that through your so hollow head."

"Yeah, yeah, continue saying that but... I don't."He smirked, coming close to my ear. "I love you!"

I frowned with annoyance as I instantly snatched my arm away and without a warning I kicked him hard, "Go to hell, Adam. I belongs to Abu Hurairah now and the angels are a witness to that." I cried, not caring if people heard.

He staggered back, completely baffled. "You don't know what you're playing with sweety!" He smirked, regaining his expression that changed to rage and lust.

It was my only chance for escape. Without wasting any time I began running blindly, dizziness covering me from all corners, my breath became heavy, my pace began to get slower yet I still continued running, slipping myself through the halls filled with drunken graduates. My feverish hot breath fanned my face, I felt utterly tired and weak. For once I really wanted Abu Hurairah to be with me, by my side and tell me everything will be okay.

I was harshly broken out of my thoughts when I felt myself collide onto a familiar figure, my vision too blurry and weak to see who it was. "S-S-Safoora what are you doing here?" She held my shoulders gently, looking directly at me in the eye with concern. "My god, you look unwell. Are you drunk?" She asked worriedly, her red hair spilling over her shoulders and light makeup covering her face.

"Ophelia," I whispered in relief, giving her a hug instantly. "How are you here?"

"You're drunk aren't you?" She deadpanned, embracing me immediately.

"No, drinking is forbidden in my religion. Just a fever!"

"Why are you running in the halls with a high fever, does your parents know?" She asked worriedly, pulling away and holding tightly onto my shoulders with concern. Opelia was wearing a long black sleeved dress with black skinny jeans. Staying with me and Amira did really change her into covering.

"Nope, they don't know I'm here. What are you doing here?" I asked, my voice wavering. I didn't let her go, hoping Adam got the hint that his presence was a complete irritation in my life. I was sure that he wasn't going to attack me since I was with Ophelia.

"Duh, graduation." Ophelia rolled her eyes.

"Wait, you're a senior student as well?" I asked flabbergasted. Yeah, I was probably the worst friend ever!