Tied

Safoora POV:

 "So what do we have for dinner?" I asked Hawa eagerly, sitting at the dinner table.

"Pasta." She muttered flatly, giving the pot one last stir before slumping on a chair wearily. Since the last few weeks Hawa was getting very easily tired and all she ever wanted to do was plant herself in bed. I don't blame her though, we all would want to do that if we got the chance.

Abu Hurairah sat opposite to me on the table studying quietly for his exams. Since he was a senior in high school, his workload was doubled compared to mine because of his upcoming graduation. Things between us weren't awkward at all, it was just very... tense and complicated. Why did he have to cross the boundaries when things were neutral between us?

"Assalamu alaikum guys," Huzaifah jogged in the room, ruffling Abu Hurairah's hair and kissing my cheeks. "I'm hungry."

"Yeah dinner's ready," Hawa nodded unconciously, humming the beginning of the twentieth chapter which always came to me as confusing. 

"Those ayahs are so hard, the beginning of the twentieth chapter that is." I complained to Hawa stressfully. In the beginning of that chapter, the ayahs were always a repetition which was pretty hard for me to get a hold of.

"It's pretty easy." Hawa and Abu Hurairah chorused, looking at me weirdly.

"Maybe you haven't been practicing that chapter recently?" Huzaifah said, looking at me with a questioning glare.

"Yeah," Abu Hurairah narrowed his eyes on me suspiciously, "Speaking of practicing Quran... since the past few days you haven't been showing up in the morning in that room when we all read our dour (revision of the Quran) to one another. Well duh, you'll forget twentieth by now." He sassed, rolling his eyes boredly. 

"Not praying." I blurted unconsciously. Ugh, did I have to say that out loud in front of these two guys? 

Huzaifah raised his eyebrows smugly, "Explains why you were all moody yesterday when he kissed you."

"Wait, I am confused here." Abu Hurairah looked at us baffled, "If she's not praying or reading the Quran, you are all okay with it? You are all supporting her when she's committing a huge sin here?"

"Wow," Hawa muttered, completely appalled and annoyed. "I am not going to explain anything to him. He's clueless or he's just simply ignoring the fact. Good luck Safoora if you are ever explaining to him."

Woah, I am not explaining anything to this guy. If he's clueless, he stays clueless for the rest of his life!

Huzaifah cleared his throat, diverting the topic immediately. "Okay, Father of-"

Abu Hurairah groaned challengingly, "Yes, Mr. Sheep?"

"I meant Abu Hurairah," He rolled his eyes, shooing the matter away. "Today's lesson that I'll teach you will be... hmm let's see..." He thought deeply with a finger on his chin, beaming up immediately. "Uh huh, a kissing tutorial because you probably suck at it."

I looked at him quizzically, "A kissing what?"

Huzaifah rolled his eyes irritably, "Saff, you won't understand. Abu Hurairah here takes lessons from me on 'how to court a woman'. He wants to be the best husband for you, right?"

Abu Hurairah glowered, "Shut up! You're the one who can't ever shut up and just babbles out random stuff when I just want to be left alone."

Huzaifah grinned mischievously, "Okay so Abu Hurairah, since you are new at kissing... I Huzaifah Benyamin," He boasted, wiggling his eyebrows confidently. "A three years experienced married man will teach you how to kiss. You ask how do you kiss or which lip you use to start the act first? Fear not, I will guide you step by step. So let's start. This is how you kiss." Huzaifah started, suddenly pulling Hawa by the waist unexpectedly, inching his face towards her, ready for a passionate kiss.