Epilogue [PART 2]

Hawa POV:

Sighing exhaustedly, I stumbled inside the house from work, hearing the door clicking shut behind me as I barked a salam to the dwellers of my household. With tiredness draining my muscles, I wrestled out of my doctor's lab coat and hung it on the front coat stand. I took a paper and scribbled 'Double Grounding' on it and hung the sign the on top of my coat as a reminder for my sons not to touch my work clothes and utensils. 

Often Musa forgot. He claimed that Satan had given him the 'persuasive' whispers and he ended up befriending him, and listening to the whispers, falling for them. Musa got my head boiling at times-- no correction, all the time. His mischiefs were a never ending trial, placing me and Huzaifah on a rough spot. 

With annoyance, I groaned. I still had to buy a new stethoscope and apologize to my boss for the 'baking' accident Harun had committed the other day with pure intentions. 

"Anyone home?" I called tiredly, tugging my niqab off, and loosening my scarf from my head as I climbed the stairs to the main floor, throwing my purse on the couch.

Loud giggles and painful groans erupted from the kitchen, and I crept in there to see the disturbing commotion. Umme Qulsum sat on the kitchen chair laughing as my sons wrestled each other-- more like Musa gripping Harun's hair and shaking his head with a disapproving fatherly frown. "Ya akhi, what have you done? I let you take care of the Bani Israel, and you feed them to the cows. Ya akhi, Disgrace to you. How could you do this, I trusted you. I loved you. We've been through this--"

"Ow, ow, ow!" Harun groaned. "Oh son of my mother, I promise, I won't do that again."

"Good, good..." Musa trailed off with a proffessional nod, and glanced at Umme Qulsum with the corner of his eyes. "What's the line after that--?"

"What is going on?" I interrupted with my eyes narrowed suspiciously, my arms crossed over my chest.

Musa immediately let go of Harun's hair and stood rigidly with a smug smile. "Uh... umm... I was just telling Harun not to feed his beautiful hair to the cows. F.Y.I, his hair looks like grass."

"Is that so?" I raised my eyebrow, tapping my feet impatiently on the white kitchen tiles for an upright answer.

"Of course, Mamma. You know how protective and caring I am about Harun, right?" Musa said proudly, caressing Harun's hair as Harun scowled with annoyance swatting his hand away. "The last thing we want is a cow chewing on my akhi's hair, right? Right, Haruna akhi?" Musa pressed, glaring at Harun to support him as a backup. Oh god, they were lying again!

"Uh... right, right!" Harun nervously chuckled, knowingly glancing at Musa and giving me a hesitant nod. 

"Spit it out, now!" I glared coldly at my sons. "What did daddy say about eggs and throwing them around?"

"Mamma, you don't understand--" Musa protested.

"Qulsum, care to do the explaining?" I asked, before glaring both at my sons who glanced at me sheepishly.

Umme Qulsum laughed, rolling her eyes. "Do you know the meaning of this ayah?

لَمَّا رَجَعَ مُوسَىٰٓ إِلَىٰ قَوۡمِهِۦ غَضۡبَـٰنَ أَسِفً۬ا قَالَ بِئۡسَمَا خَلَفۡتُمُونِى مِنۢ بَعۡدِىٓ‌ۖ أَعَجِلۡتُمۡ أَمۡرَ رَبِّكُمۡ‌ۖ وَأَلۡقَى ٱلۡأَلۡوَاحَ وَأَخَذَ بِرَأۡسِ أَخِيهِ يَجُرُّهُ ۥۤ إِلَيۡهِ‌ۚ قَالَ ٱبۡنَ أُمَّ إِنَّ ٱلۡقَوۡمَ ٱسۡتَضۡعَفُونِى وَكَادُواْ يَقۡتُلُونَنِى فَلَا تُشۡمِتۡ بِىَ ٱلۡأَعۡدَآءَ وَلَا تَجۡعَلۡنِى مَعَ ٱلۡقَوۡمِ ٱلظَّـٰلِمِينَ