Scene

Hawa POV:

"I need parents." Abu Hurairah cried, pulling Huzaifah and me forcefully in the house, not allowing us to head to class like usual. Safoora sat on the sofa lazily ready for school--wearing a black abaya, navy blue scarf and a hooded denim jacket. She sat back carelessly watching the scene unfold slowly. 

"You already have parents." Huzaifah looked at him obliviously, scratching his head. "I don't get it. What do you mean? Are you like putting them for adoption or something? Wait, is that even possible?"

"He probably hit his head and got amnesia." I quipped, feeling his forehead. 

"Shut up. I need parents. This is a serious situation." Abu Hurairah grumbled stubbornly, swatting my hand away. "Me and Safoora are in trouble with the principal."

"Again?" Huzaifah gasped disbelievingly, disapproval marring his face.

"I can read your mind bro. Count me out." I groaned quickly, ready to walk out the door. 

"Not so fast, sis." Abu Hurairah held me back by the arm. "Remember all the good times we had, how could you let your favourite brother struggle?" 

"Is it my fault you got yourself in trouble." I rolled my eyes in irritation. 

"Why are you in trouble?" Huzaifah asked furiously. "Again?"

"Ask Safoora." Abu Hurairah eyed Safoora angrily. "She's always the one who starts it."

"Woah man, why are you looking at me?" Safoora argued defensively, relaxing back on the sofa and popping her bubble gum.

"You're the one who fights with me all the time in school and then you forced me to go to class with makeup yesterday. There's a huge of list of things you did that Ms. Anderson has."

"Huzaifah participated in that too." She pointed at Huzaifah accusingly, "He's involved in the makeup thing as well."

Huzaifah gasped disbelievingly, placing his hand in his heart. "What? How could you? You're just going to give me out like that." 

"Oh well, well looks like you got to owe me bro." Abu Hurairah smirked, patting Huzaifah on the shoulder.

"Okay fine, what do you two want?" Huzaifah sighed, slouching his shoulders.

"Be my substitute parents and meet the principal because mom and dad are out of the country and they'll be pissed if they hear us in detention again."

"Not participating." I said quickly, before Abu Hurairah could beg me. "Can't force me bro."

"Yes I can." Abu Hurairah nodded energetically.

"Nope." 

"Safoora a little help here, I can't do all the talking." Abu Hurairah groaned, "Moving the tongue takes hard work and energy."

"Looks like Hurairah finally became responsible and less careless than his usual self." I said emotionally. 

"Well when you're stuck with a lazy woman, you have to be the man with responsibility and boss things around." He narrowed his eyes, glaring at Safoora threateningly.

Safoora grimaced, "Well, when you're stuck with a grumpy man who says whatever shit he wants without filtering his words, you gotta sit back and hold in the urge to punch him in the face." 

"Stop swearing," Huzaifah shouted, looking down at his watch. "What do you two want? I am running late for class."

"You act as Safoora's dad and Hawa my mom." Abu Hurairah said bluntly, getting straight to the point.