Cold-hearted

Safoora POV:

The sun sinked lower reflecting against the glass high rise buildings that stood tall all around us like crystals grazing against the pale azure sky. The streets and skies honked with ongoing traffic as speedy cars rushed to race one another in the midst of the crowded city. All around us was thronged, as if the whole world was packed just in this small little kingdom. The view outside my window was just breathtaking if only I could say the same for my melancholy heart.

Few weeks ago, Abu Hurairah and I had moved out to a small fancy house in the midst of the hustle and bustle of an over crowded city. Our house had around four bedrooms, a fancy kitchen and a spacious living room, not to mention the abandoned basement down in the cellar that ran shivers down my spine. Huzaifah and Hawa lived right next door and I was glad of their presence next to us, it made me feel safe. Well, not entirely!

Due to the extra amount of abandoned bedrooms in the house, Abu Hurairah decided we live separately, not that I minded at all. I loved having my own personal space and I hadn't decided to give it up anytime soon and share a room with another guy, even if it were to be my husband. I inwardly thanked Abu Hurairah for being thoughtful and giving me my own territory, a level of my freedom which came with certain consequences. However, it's not like he cared about my thoughts anyway, he did it for his own benefit and to avoid crossing paths with me at any cost. He loathed me for one thing and I on the other hand made a mistake of loving him terribly, allowing him to invade the deepest corners of my heart. Why did I even build feelings for him? Now, I was easily falling in his traps just as he wanted me too like a sore wounded animal.

With a deep sigh, I stirred the butter chicken one last time and turned the stove off. After serving up Abu Hurairah's plate, I made it to his room knocking on his door hesitantly.  At least no more cooking for the day!

"Go away!" He shrieked. I ignored him and continued rapping on his door. He had been locked up in there for weeks now ever since our arrival and made no attempts of coming out. To be honest, I was worried for him, I didn't want him to suffocate in there.

"Stop!" He screamed.

"No, I am not going anywhere until you open the door." I replied stubbornly.

"What do you want?" He shouted, banging his door open, his cold eyes blazing with fury. Once I would have thought his eyes were one of the prettiest gems I've ever seen but now things changed, it was a murderous and heartless shard.

"To give you this." I pointed at the plate of food in my hand. Ever since the last few times I made an attempt to deliver him his food, he would always snatch it out of my hand and smash it against the floor cold heartedly. My heart used to clench tightly with pain as I saw my efforts being thrown out the window like a piece of trash. I had killed my time and placed my extreme effort to make something delicious. Just to please him!

"I said I don't need you in my life. How many times do I have to tell you this?" He screamed loudly, coming dangerously close to me.

Seeing his fist raising higher, I immediately moved the food out of the way, it did not need to be harassed by any means. "You know it's disrespectful to do this to the food that nourishes you? Allah becomes displeased."

He sighed, his eyes boring into mines with a murderous glare. "I am giving you a warning, I do not want to see you ever again in my life. Get out of here before I do something you would never imagine." He seethed with gnashed teeth, his fists still clenched by his side.

"You want me dead?" I asked boldly, balling my fists and narrowing my eyes at him, imitating his exact reaction with fury. Does he really think that I am some weak girl to play around with?