Fired

Hawa POV:

Groggily, I walked in the kitchen stretching. "Morning Mom, Aunty and Qulsum."

"Morning." They all chorused together, picking at their breakfast. The morning sunlight had seeped in the kitchen creating an energetic atmosphere at the breakfast table. Umme Qulsum sat at the table while aunty fed her and continued chatting with mom who sat on the other side of the table looking radiant as ever. She looked so much better and lively than the past few days.

"Help yourself with some breakfast, Hawa." Aunty grinned, as I placed a soft kiss on her and mom's cheeks. "Where are the boys by the way and Safoora? Are they still sleeping in?"

"I have literally no clue." I replied bluntly. The last time I checked, Huzaifah had a huge list of ways how to drive Abu Hurairah nuts and I guess he was upto that right now.

"Assalamu Alaikum kids," Grandma and Grandpa said together entering the kitchen and picking up their morning coffee from the kitchen counter.

"We're going out to work." Grandpa announced, placing a kiss on all four of our heads.

"Aren't you going to have breakfast aunty and uncle?" Mom asked them.

"Nope, we already did. By the way, Sarah, don't forget about your evening shift and bring Hajara with you, she has an appointment too." Grandma reminded, giving us all a hugs and leaving the room with grandpa.

"Assalamu alaikum Sarah-" Uncle Benyamin beamed, ready to stride into the kitchen. He was ready for work, he was wearing his lab coat and stethoscope secured around his neck. 

"Uncle no!" I shrieked fearfully stopping him midway, looking at mom who was only in her hijab. "Mom is here."

"Whoops!" Uncle Benyamin said guilty turning around, his hand flying to his neck. "Tell your aunty and mom that I am heading out to work with your grandma and grandpa. Yusuf, your dad has already gone to work."

"Yeah, okay have a nice day." I grinned widely as he placed a quick kiss on my forehead and left the place. After rubbing the remaining sleep off my eyes, I prepared myself a bowl of cereal and sat on the table with the moms and Umme Qulsum wearily.

 "Assalamu Alaikum everyone." Safoora yawned, entering the room wearing only an oversized hoodie and pajamas. Her long golden hair fell loosely into a tangled mess making her look utterly stunning even in a situation like this. How did she look pretty all the time?

Aunt Sarah looked at her in disapprovement, "Safoora, wear a dress or something. Stop acting like a tomboy for once, you're married. Your mother-in-law is here, what will she think of you?"

Safoora looked at Aunt Sarah cluelessly, "I'm married? What mother-in-law? What? When? What are you people talking about?"

"Oh come on Sarah, Safoora is like my daughter. I have seen her dress like that ever since she was a baby." Mom confronted Aunt Sarah, giggling.

"But Abu Hurairah won't like it." Aunt Sarah frowned.

"Hurairah doesn't give a crap about anything." I told them with boredom, picking at my cereal. All he cared about was himself and sometimes us when he really needed to.

"Oh shit, I am married." Safoora cried in horror, "Why do I always have to deal with a small amnesia in the morning? Great and I also forgot my hijab and niqab!" She quickly pulled her hood up and tucked in all her hair.

"Didn't he just see you yesterday?" I cocked my eyebrow. Why was she so crazy?

"Yeah, but that was a mistake, an accident." She frowned stubbornly, "From now on, I am wearing my hijab and niqab everywhere I go."